Created attachment 57076 [details]
Calc and the Math formula editor are mighty tools. But it will really fulfill it´s potential if there are the ability to import cell values dynamically. So you can do calculations with Calc and show the equation with Math / Formula editor.
E = m cdot c^2 = "Cell A1" cdot "Cell A2"^2 = "Cell A3"
Also the (pre)view of calc functions with Math would be useful. Feel free to look at the attached example PDF.
Thanks for new idea
May be already exist some extension for OpenOffice or LibreOffice with such functionality.
So, I look a little bit around for extensions. So, nothing like this already exist. There is only an extension called CompPad that allows to calculate with the Math formula editor in LO Writer.
+ the only way to calculate with the Math formula
- don´t run in calc
- Math formula is not move-able in the document
- no automatic calculation update, if something changed
- double dot in the formula
Thanks for additional search.
Created attachment 69675 [details]
@ yutaka inada
Thanks for attachment. But I can not understand what it means. It is empty database document.
Hello inada-san, *,
would you be so kind to answer Sasha's question from comment 5, please? I also see no sense in it? What should it be for?
Sorry for the inconvenience
No answer since 6 months, useless attachment marked as obsolete.
Status set to new because it is an enhancement.
@reporter: I suggest you to describe a use-case if you want interest a developer. In other words, you should describe why it is interesting and useful to have this function in LibreOffice?
Best regards. JBF
sorry for not responding
only the attachment „calc-example“ was from me. It is a picture (PDF) which easily describes the use case of the enhancements.
first the ticket originally describe two different math calc integrations.
1. output of the math formula for standard ______
a lot of students have to compute mathematical physical or statistical cases. Therefore, a lot of people create documents as a database for math formulars like standard derivation and many more.
Inctead of the case now where everyone creates the math formula for the functions themself, it should be possible to integrate it in Calc. So for example If you want to calculate the standard deviation It wound be nice if you can output the math formula. By the way, the sum function for example is already shown as a sum symbol.
- it visualize the mathematical function
- you don’t have to create math formula for standard functions each time manually
- it may automatically insert the values from the selected cells in the math formula
2. import cell values in math formula dynamically________
This is a standard case. You have to compute a physic experiment.
- First you create different math formulas which show the mathematical way to a result.
- Than you write your values in Calc cells and compute the result
- Than you copy and paste the initial values and the result to math formula
- Now you need the result from the first equation for another function
- You create a math formula of the function
- then you compute the results in Calc cells
- then you copy and paste the values in the math formula
you want to change the initial values in (1) or you have a wrong mathematical operation used in the cells. Then every new value have to copy and pate to equation (1) the result of eq. (1) influences the eq. (2) so also every new value have to coy and paste in eq. (2).
If you have more than 2 equations, which are affected it takes much longer to copy and paste all calculated values from the cells to the math formula. So dynamical imported cell values would save a lot of time for complex tasks.
Adding self to CC if not already on
Setting Assignee back to default. Please assign it back to yourself if you're
still working on this issue