Added cross-reference links in an ODT file to numbered paragraphs earlier in the document using "Reference". In Writer, this shows up as the name of the paragraph being referenced. These look fine until exported to DOCX.
Opening the DOCX file back in Writer shows the reference text as __RefNumPara__173_1178930885. Typing around these refs in Writer appears to fix them.
Looking at the DOCX archive, word/document.xml appears to actually have the reference ID as text:
<w:r><w:instrText> REF __RefNumPara__173_1178930885 \h </w:instrText></w:r>
<w:r><w:t xml:space="preserve"> __RefNumPara__173_1178930885</w:t></w:r> <!-- here -->
Thanks for bugreport. Slightly resembles this Bug 46025
Build ID: own W7 debug build
Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit
(In reply to comment #0)
> Opening the DOCX file back in Writer shows the reference text as
> __RefNumPara__173_1178930885. Typing around these refs in Writer appears to
> fix them.
Could not reproduce.
Confimed with 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 and master:
Steps I used to reproduce:
1) Insert image
2) Add caption to the image
3) Try to cross reference
4) Save as .docx
5) Open in Word 2010 or in LibO and see it didn't work (The result is not exactly the same, but the problem)
Reproducible with LO 18.104.22.168, Win 8.1
Note: In addition, the image is displaced and the caption is faulty changed.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (5.0.5 or 5.1.2 https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT
- Update the version field
- Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
- Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa
Thank you for your help!
-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEW Message was generated on: 2016-04-16
I confirm this bug is still present in 5.0.6.
Cross-reference to a Figure number result in the word "Illustration' being inserted in the .docx file.
The export to .doc is OK, though.
I can also confirm that this problem is still present in LibreOffice 5.3.1
Any cross-reference inserted is not maintained when saving to a *.docx file. Interestingly, opening a *.docx file with references created in MS Word does show the references correctly and are even maintained after saving the file as *.docx again. But any cross-reference created in LibreOffice just get replaced by the name of the type of object being referenced (e.g. Table, Figure, ...).
So there seems to be a problem within the process of creating the references.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 42346 ***
The good news is that the bug is actually in the process of being fixed, see the latest comments on bug 42346.