This is AMD64 or Linux specific bug
Steps to reproduce:
0. Start Writer
1. Tools->Macros->Organize macros->LibreOffice Basic
2. Select "My macros" on left of dialog (button "Edit" on right becomes grey)
3. Click "New" on right hand side of dialog
3a. If appears some dialogs, press Ok, if name of autogenerated macro is "Main" then repeat step 3
4. open bug 45198 , select macro there, copy it (macro contains one error, one unneeded end line)
5. switch to Basic IDE, select Sub Macro1/End sub generated automatically
6. press Ctrl-V, macro pasted, but button "Save" is grey (at this point user may be uncertain: macro will be saved or no)
7. close Basic IDE
Reproduced on 3.5.0 and 3.6.0 e9d045f-9eed775-f06126 on Fedora 64 bit
Created attachment 58358 [details]
small and unuseful backtrace of 3.5.0 without symbols
when does it core ? after the the ide is closed ? after the paste ? it's not clear. Do you think there are simpler steps.
you could try rebuild just vcl, basic and basctl with debug symbols. I couldn't reproduce this bug with either 3.5 or 3.6 and valgrind also didn't show anything suspicious.
Thanks for attempt to reproduce this bug.
When I paste (or attempt to edit if it is already pasted and saved), and then close Basic IDE, on Writer window appears error message with this:
Basic syntax error
Then I press OK. And all disappears. Segmentation fault.
I will attempt to produce backtrace tomorrow
Reproduced in 18.104.22.168 on Fedora 64 bit
I can not produce symbols. X server hangs.
not reproducible on another computer with the same OS
IMHO problem because video subsystem or corrupted OS (bad sectors on HDD)
Closing as Invalid meanwhile