Created attachment 62975 [details]
regedit screehshot with file type description in Russian language instead of English
File type descriptions are named in language defined in regional settings instead of OS language.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Windows 7 English with Russian regional settings.
2. Install LibO_3.5.4_Win_x86_install_multi.msi with only English UI.
3. Check the file type descriptions in HKLM\Software\Classes:
They will be named in Russian not in English.
1. There should be an option for choosing language during installation.
2. OS interface language should be suggested by default, not the one specified in regional settings.
I confirm this, but I have no opinion, so I'm setting this to UNCONFIRMED.
Administrator can perform installation in any language, so file type descriptions can be in any language desired.
so this has to be closed or not?
Sounds like a question for UX to handle.
status -> NEW
My regedit has no opendocument entry under HKLM\Software\Classes. And no localized entry. There were heavy changes for 4.x that may have fixed the issue. Closing as WFM.
If this issue still exists it would be a valid bug in my opinion, especially for the admin scenario. The configuration must not contain localized text.
(In reply to Heiko Tietze from comment #5)
> My regedit ...
Forgot to add the version:
Build ID: 066b007f5ebcc236395c7d282ba488bca6720265
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE)