Created attachment 65603 [details]
Sample spreadsheet that demonstrates this problem.
Please see the attached spreadsheet which demonstrates this issue:
Cell A2 has a "validity" cell-range set to C2:C14, which contain a series of dates.
On my machine (en-US locale), C2 is displayed using "dd/mm/yy" format, which was auto-detected when I entered "2/4/12" in cell C2. Next, I entered "=C2+14" in C3, then selected C3:C14 and performed a "fill-down" operation which added an implicit format to each of C3:C14.
When pulling-down the drop-down in A2 to select a date, the first item in the list shows "02/04/2012" while the remaining items appear to show the Julian date (an integer).
I would have expected that the items in the drop-down list would be displayed using the same formatting that can be observed in the source cells.
Note that explicitly setting the formatting for any of cells C2:C14 will change the format shown in the drop-down for those source cells explicitly formatted.
I have noticed this bug for every version of OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice that I have used for the past few years. I had assumed it was an .xls -> .ods problem (because the original document where I noticed this - a timesheet template - was originally a Microsoft Excel document).
This may be related to https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=97857 and/or https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=80318 if the OOo folks can be of any help.
I can confirm the bug in
Version 184.108.40.206.beta2 (Build ID: 4104d660979c57e1160b5135634f732918460a0)
on Ubuntu 12.04 (x86)
Although when I open the attached file, the cells C3:C14 are shown as integers from the start, but the problem in the dropdown persists even if I do the fill-down operation again (after which C#:C14 are displayed as dates)
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (4.3.5 or later): https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
Thank you for your help!
-- The LibreOffice QA Team
I just checked this in LO v220.127.116.11 for Mac OS X and the drop-down cells appear to be formatted as expected. Marking this issue as WORKSFORME.