Created attachment 66340 [details]
Hebrew with diacritical points.
Hi, I just upgraded from 3.5 to the 3.6.1 release.
LibreOffice has always had fantastic visual support for unicode languages that include diacritical marks within letters.
But now the following occurs: I open a document full of diacritical points, and everything is initially displayed correctly. But when I edit the document and add new diacritical points to the letters and words, it causes an unwarranted space to occur, or letters to appear doubled, and sometimes the following lines to appear incorrectly indented (by a space of about a single letter).
In the attached document I have not touched the first paragraph, and everything appears normal and correct. But in the second paragraph I have edited the text by adding diacritical points in a number of places and the following things occur:
Line 2 (mark added above letter) >> Unwarranted space.
Line 3 (mark added above letter) >> Unwarranted space.
Line 4 (mark added above letter) >> Unwarranted space.
Line 5 (mark added below letter) >> "Doubling" of the first letter (seems to partially hover over itself) followed by unwarranted space.
Line 6 (mark added above letter) >> Unwarranted space, plus the next line appears indented by the space of about one letter.
Line 8 (mark added above letter) >> Letter appears bold or closely doubled plus followed by unwarranted space.
I forgot to add that this exact kind of problem used to occur with much older versions (either OpenOffice or very early LibreOffice). Or maybe it was even older versions of MS Word, I can't remember. In any case it isn't something entirely new.
In the meantime I've reverted to Google Docs, because LO is no longer usable. Is there any positive way to draw feedback on this bug?
I can confirm that I am also seeing this on my new install of LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
Created attachment 66762 [details]
Screenshot of Hebrew Diacritics error with extra spaces highlighted
This is a screenshot of the errors described by skadish in his bug report.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 53312 ***
I'm reopening this issue, as I'm not sure it's a duplicate of bug 53312. And in any case, the bug here is more detailed and has a test document.
I was able to reproduce the bug, but it had very minor effect (Keter YG font). Would be good to have instructions to reproduce as in the attached screen shot by Aharon.
Hi Lior, I'm not sure what can be added regarding instructions to reproduce. When you open a previously produced document it looks fine, but then when you start adding new niqqud it starts acting as described.
However, I did notice something unusual recently which maybe contains a clue: At my workplace there is only MS-Office. When I recently edited a document in Office and then opened it later in LibreOffice the problem happened (doubling upon opening the document, even before editing and even using LO 3.5 which normally doesn't cause this problem). That was using ODT. However, I then tried editing the same file converted to DOC and it worked fine both in MS-Office and LibreOffice.
I can reproduce this bug with LO 220.127.116.11, but not with LO 18.104.22.168 (both on Windows 7 32-bit), so maybe it's already fixed. Can someone else confirm that please?
I have been having this bug since for a few years, since some version of OpenOffice. Very annoying. I have to work with phonetic transcriptions of all kinds, this bug is a major thing stopping me from throwing MS Office away altogether. Also I seem to have seen it reported to be fixed at some time, but alas, it is quite vivid. Currently on Win7, LO 4.0.22.
Seems to be fixed in LO 4.1.4!
Sorry to say, but it is NOT fixed in 4.1.4 and in 22.214.171.124.
There are mixed results here - moving back to UNCONFIRMED to get QA team to look at it to both confirm and ensure it's not a duplicate. Thanks
please give an update of the bug current status with latest LibO 126.96.36.199 release
Installed Keter YG from http://culmus.sourceforge.net/taamim/
Pasted more characters into document.
Compared document with screenshot and I don't have extra spaces or doubling chars.
Closing as WFM.
Original reported can set back to UNCONFIRMED, if they still see the problems.
Win 7 Pro 64-bit Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha1+
Build ID: b9630867d17c01ec41f6461b1e96288f3932248c
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2015-05-25_00:45:41
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI)
Verifying - LO Writer 184.108.40.206 on Win7 64bit with Keter YG.