The following plugins:
All create around 1000+- small files in the following directory:
This means REALLY slow logons and logoffs for users with roaming profiles. Many files equals lots of read and write to disks. We are not caching data on the Terminal server as this would fill the local disks on the terminal servers. The user appdata folder must then be loaded and unloaded to a network location.
With these three extensions enabled you get 3 minute logon logoff times because of the 4000+ files created in the above folder.
(In reply to comment #0)
> The following plugins:
> With these three extensions enabled you get 3 minute logon logoff times
> because of the 4000+ files created in the above folder.
At least Presenter Console is a core feature in LibreOffice 4.0.
Anyway, do you have all languages installed? 4000+ files seems to be a lot...
I have not been able to test this later on because we have chosen not to include the plugins in the latest installs on our production servers. We did not have all languages installed. Although it seemed the plugin installed all languages for it's own use.
(In reply to comment #0)
> All create around 1000+- small files in the following directory:
Under GNU/Linux x86_64 for both v126.96.36.199 and v188.8.131.52 I have very few files in these locations:
$ find .config/libreoffice/3/user/extensions/bundled/registry/. -type f | wc -l
$ find .config/libreoffice/4/user/extensions/bundled/registry/. -type f | wc -l
Presumably the files are being created from repeated use of help while using the NLP Solver and Wiki-Publisher extensions. This would therefore seem like an enhancement request to have these files cleaned up on exit of the application.
Perhaps Stephan has an idea.
* Extensions can contain help data for various languages. For bundled extensions in Windows installation sets, any per-language help data is not factored out into language-specific language-pack or help-pack .msi files, but is contained in the main .msi file.
* Extensions can contain help data either in raw or pre-processed form. If and only if the data is in raw form, during extension installation (i.e., during first start for bundled extensions) will LO write (potentially lots of) processed files into the UserInstallation's extensions/bundled/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.help.PackageRegistryBackend/ tree.
* I checked with current <http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/4.3.5/en-US/LibreOffice_4.3.5_Win_x86.msi>, and its two bundled extensions that contain help data (nlpsolver and wiki-publisher) both contain it in pre-processed form. So at least with that version the UserInstallation's extensions/bundled/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.help.PackageRegistryBackend/ directory will only contain a single small backenddb.xml file. (And the UserInstallation's extensions/bundled/ tree gets freshly regenerated as soon as the user starts a new LO version for the first time, so it should not accumulate cruft from old LO versions that potentially contained bundled extension help data in raw form.)
* So I assume that LO 3.6.1 (the version this issue got reported against) contained raw help data, and that got changed meanwhile. So closing as WORKSFORME for now. Feel free to re-open if problem still persists after all.
* For LO 4, the UserInstallation's path on Windows has changed from ...\LibreOffice\3\user to ...\LibreOffice\4\user. Installing and running LO 4 will create a new ...\LibreOffice\4\user tree (migrating data from an exisiting ...\LibreOffice\3\user tree, if any, on first start), but will leave the ...\LibreOffice\3\user tree alone. So after successful migration to LO 4, any ...\LibreOffice\3\user tree can savely be removed manually from AppData to avoid performance problems like the one described in comment 0.
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (needAdvice)
'needsConfirmationAdvice' is only used for unconfirmed bugs. Removing it from this bug.