If I check the document and close the dialog manually, then it is normally, because I like to change things around the last checked word.
But now I have to jump from the cursor back to the word and after this, I can edit it.
Couldn't you change it, that if the check is stopped, that the focus will stay at the last checked word.
Greetings from Switzerland, Markus
A testing document please
I think, you don't need a document. I hope, if I describe it right, you will understand, what my problem is.
If I work with a big document and have the cursor on the first page and start the spellchecker, the document scrolls down, while I'm correcting the words or committing them into the checker.
Now my case starts:
After 5 sites I see an error in the document and will correct it outside the spellchecker. For this, I stop the spellchecker, but the document don't stops there, it scolls back to where it starts (first page).
After this, I have to scroll down and tries to find the error again.
-> I prefer, that the spellchecker doesn't scroll back to the cursor position, but stays at the given document position, after closing it.
Was this understandable?
<-Cursor <---------------- (jumps back after closing)
...lot of text... |
... 4 pages with text ... |
error <- spellchecker is here--|
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 34425 ***
(In reply to comment #3)
> *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 34425 ***
@Markus: bug 34425 is a fixed bug about buttons. I suspect you marked the wrong bug...
OK. Now I have seen the Problem. The same Bug ist also registered in AOO: Apache OpenOffice (AOO) Bugzilla – Bug 34425. Because of this I have closed this bug. The problem is, that same bugs are older then the split to AOO and LO.
I hope, the bug will be closed (in both versions ;-) ).
needs to be confirmed by QA - moving to UNCONFIRMED. Thanks
Reproducible with LO 126.96.36.199, Win 8.1.
1. Open a document with several pages in WRITER
2. Put the cursor at the beginning of the document
3. Go to TOOLS -> SPELLING AND GRAMMAR
4. When you arrive at a mistake after a few pages press the Close button, because you want to change there something manually
After pressing the Close button the document scrolls up to the first page. To correct the mistake you have then again to scroll down.
This is an old bug from OOo times, first reported in 2004 and it still exists in LibO 188.8.131.52.
I think Stefan Baltzer made good suggestions in comment 2 of the OOo issue. I will quote his 4 points - personally I would prefer no. 4 which wouldn't require a UI change:
(1) Introducing a "break" button in the spellcheck dialog.
(2) Yet-another-option for the spellchecker: "Place the cursor where the spellchecker was closed".
(3) Change behavior (no UI change): When the user clicks "Undo" and "Close", only THEN the cursor goes to the last position where a change took place.
(4) Change behavior (no UI change): When the user clicks beside the spellcheck dialog and then closes it, the cursor stays there (currently it is jumping back to where spellcheck was started).