I see this a long time but only now decided to call it a bug (don't know why I didn't react sooner).
When changes are tracked (Edit - Changes - Track) and changes are shown (Edit - Changes- Show) and a word is misspelt:
(1) if you add a missing letter and by this the word becomes spelled correctly, the word loses the red marking of a misspelt word (which is great);
(2) if you remove an excess letter and by this the word becomes spelled correctly, the word still keeps the red marking of a misspelt word (which is an error);
Of course, if changes are not viewed, just tracked, in the second example the red marking is removed, as it should be.
If you turn on the show of changes, the same corrected word gets underlined as misspelt.
If you turn off the show of changes, the same word loses the red underline.
I also found an exemption of this rule: if the excess letters are the first letters of a misspelt word, even if both options are on, upon removing those excess letters when both funcions are turned on - the red underline correctly vanishes. (in Slovenian changing word "odreagira" to "reagira"). Strange.
Also, I noticed:
- there are cases when it works properly even if a character is deleted from within the word (Slovenian: vrednoste -> vrednote; vplejati -> vpeljati);
- it also works if excess characters are only at the end of the word (just as if they are only at the beginning of the word).
Indeed, in the case of tracked and shown changes, it seems that the spellchecker has some difficulty to know what is the word to be checked.
Best regards. JBF
In order to limit the confusion between ProposedEasyHack and EasyHack and to make queries much easier we are changing ProposedEasyHack to NeedsDevEval.
Thank you and apologies for the noise
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (needsDevEval)
This issue also affects grammar / style checkers (Lightproof). Tested with 22.214.171.124.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Still reproducible with current master. Ubuntu 16.04.
Best regards. JBF