Bug 67237 - Writer crashes showing context menu if table cell has specific height
Summary: Writer crashes showing context menu if table cell has specific height
Status: RESOLVED NOTOURBUG
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.1.0.3 rc
Hardware: Other Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-07-24 04:03 UTC by Mike Kaganski
Modified: 2013-07-25 07:02 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
Testcase (12.02 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
2013-07-24 04:03 UTC, Mike Kaganski
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Mike Kaganski 2013-07-24 04:03:08 UTC
Created attachment 82890 [details]
Testcase

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a table and set its cell to be 1.45 cm tall (exactly; no autosizing).
2. Set font of the cell to be Arial, 9.
3. Type 3 paragraphs of text into the cell, third paragraph must be long to wrap to fourth line; continue the last paragraph to just fit into the cell.
4. Select the third paragraph and right-click on it to show context menu.

As the result, writer crashes.

You may notice that (besides the described crash), this text exhibits instability: at times, id is displayed as fitting into the cell; when you start working with it, it is displayed as partially hidden outside the cell.

The crash started at 4.1; the instability was present in 3.6.3. Setting the version by more important part, i.e. crash.
Comment 1 Mike Kaganski 2013-07-24 04:18:04 UTC
The steps above are incomplete: the paragraph spacing and cell borders need to be set to 0, or the height must be set to another value. The attached testcase has these values set.
Comment 2 Julien Nabet 2013-07-24 20:00:48 UTC
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources (future 4.2.0) updated today and with 4.0.3 Debian testing package, both with a brand new LO profile, I didn't reproduce the crash. I used the testcase and did the 4.

Just to be sure it's not a problem from an extension or a buggy remnant in profile, could you rename your LO directory profile and give it a new try? (see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile)
Comment 3 Mike Kaganski 2013-07-24 23:19:06 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
Thank you for looking into this.
You are quite right. The crash seems to be related to an extension. However, it was not enough to simply create clear profile, since the extension was installed for all users.

The extension is Russian spellchecker ORFO Lite. However, it only causes crash if LO native Russian dictionary is also installed.
I will contact the extension devs to inform them.

I'm not sure if I need to rename the issue to only cover the instable paragraph issue, or close the issue and open another one.
Comment 4 Julien Nabet 2013-07-25 07:02:45 UTC
Mike: since it's extension part, I would say NOTOURBUG. Now you can also try to retrieve a backtrace (see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugReport/Debug_Information#Windows:_How_to_get_a_backtrace) to provide it to the extension guys.