Download it now!
Bug 67573 - VIEWING: font replacement causes several fonts shown in one cell
Summary: VIEWING: font replacement causes several fonts shown in one cell
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.1.0.4 release
Hardware: Other Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords: possibleRegression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-07-31 10:21 UTC by mess7788
Modified: 2017-01-04 12:53 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
file by test (149.50 KB, application/vnd.ms-excel)
2013-07-31 10:21 UTC, mess7788
Details
Screenshots of MS Excel and LO 4.1.0.4 under Win7x64 (215.54 KB, application/x-zip-compressed)
2013-08-04 00:57 UTC, Mike Kaganski
Details
simple test ods file (12.90 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2014-11-05 09:44 UTC, Kevin Suo
Details
screenshot related to the simple test ods file (311.61 KB, image/png)
2014-11-05 09:46 UTC, Kevin Suo
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description mess7788 2013-07-31 10:21:12 UTC
Created attachment 83353 [details]
file by test

Problem description: 

Steps to reproduce:
1. open the 2013021820495530316.xls
2. 
show that first
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LuwIduX9mcs/UfjifqKDQjI/AAAAAAAAV1o/HVp2rFTe_kU/s0/41.png

if select the cell will show this:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hTzuSo5_0tE/Ufjifwj3YNI/AAAAAAAAV1s/Myg6Tcni5AI/s912/select.png

Current behavior:

Expected behavior:

              
Operating System: Windows 8
Version: 4.1.0.4 release
Comment 1 Mike Kaganski 2013-08-04 00:57:35 UTC
Created attachment 83599 [details]
Screenshots of MS Excel and LO 4.1.0.4 under Win7x64

I cannot reproduce the problem with LO 4.1.0.4 under Win7x64. The screenshot LO 4.1.0.4.PNG shows the view right after opening the file. I see that the numbers are displayed in LO using a different font, and this is different from MS Excel. After entering the cell, nothing changes, the fonts stay as on the screenshot.

It may be a Win8-only problem. However, it's not clear what is meant by "without system fonts" in the title. Could you please provide more details on this?
Comment 2 Urmas 2013-08-04 02:30:59 UTC
The header is formatted with 3rd party STZhongsong font.
To see what reported sees, Asian language support should be turned on.
Comment 3 mess7788 2013-08-09 06:17:42 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Created attachment 83599 [details]
> Screenshots of MS Excel and LO 4.1.0.4 under Win7x64
> 
> I cannot reproduce the problem with LO 4.1.0.4 under Win7x64. The screenshot
> LO 4.1.0.4.PNG shows the view right after opening the file. I see that the
> numbers are displayed in LO using a different font, and this is different
> from MS Excel. After entering the cell, nothing changes, the fonts stay as
> on the screenshot.
> 
> It may be a Win8-only problem. However, it's not clear what is meant by
> "without system fonts" in the title. Could you please provide more details
> on this?

My english is poor,sorry.

This 华文中宋 publish with M$ Office not Windows,so this font is in your system right now,probable。

However,My system does not have it.

If install the font:https://www.dropbox.com/s/27pl7bsgby0ybkz/%E5%8D%8E%E6%96%87%E4%B8%AD%E5%AE%8B.ttf
the header will show ok : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8728718/song.PNG
Comment 4 Urmas 2013-08-12 10:33:25 UTC
So your issue is that replacement characters are coming from different fonts?
Comment 5 mess7788 2013-08-12 11:31:47 UTC
(In reply to comment #4)
> So your issue is that replacement characters are coming from different fonts?

yes,you are right.
i saw the changelog for 4.1 that:
Send along your fonts with your documents. Writer, Calc and Impress now allow embedding fonts in their documents. 
so i thought it should be ok
……
Comment 6 ign_christian 2014-07-02 14:29:20 UTC
Hello.. Does LO 4.2.5.2 or 4.3.0.1 satisfy you? 

If no please change status back to UNCONFIRMED, otherwise RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Comment 7 mess7788 2014-07-22 11:35:52 UTC
(In reply to comment #6)
> Hello.. Does LO 4.2.5.2 or 4.3.0.1 satisfy you? 
> 
> If no please change status back to UNCONFIRMED, otherwise RESOLVED WORKSFORME

No……
There is still the problem in LO 4.2.5.2
Windows server 2012 R2
Comment 8 Buovjaga 2014-11-05 08:50:31 UTC
Can't reproduce.

Win 7 64-bit Version: 4.4.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: b7d8a58ff2698ffc6e22943f64aa97c5ea253bd9
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2014-11-05_00:40:38
Comment 9 Kevin Suo 2014-11-05 09:44:57 UTC
Created attachment 108941 [details]
simple test ods file

Hi, I can reproduce this issue following my own steps:

1. New Calc, type "ABCDEFG" in A1, and set font for A1 to "serifffff" (a font which does not exist), save and then reopen.
(Or you can use my attached file)

2. When open, A1 shows a serif font;

3. Click A2, then click A1 again, A1 will show a sans font;

4. Scroll up and down, A1 will become a serif font again.

Set to NEW.
Win7 X64, LibreOffice 4.3.3.1
Build ID: 7d55112667c8fcddb67bc3803796b46c93aa56b0
Comment 10 Kevin Suo 2014-11-05 09:46:29 UTC
Created attachment 108942 [details]
screenshot related to the simple test ods file

The attached screenshot will show you this issue more clearly.
Comment 11 Kevin Suo 2014-11-05 09:47:55 UTC
I do not reproduce this in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1, so it's a possible regression.
Comment 12 Kevin Suo 2014-11-05 09:49:55 UTC
@mess7788: Feel free to point it out if I am talking a different issue.
Comment 13 Kevin Suo 2014-11-05 09:56:33 UTC
I do not reproduce on Ubuntu 14.10, LibreOffice 4.3.2.2, so may be a Windows-only issue.
Comment 14 Buovjaga 2014-11-05 10:52:30 UTC
(In reply to Kevin Suo from comment #9)
> 
> 1. New Calc, type "ABCDEFG" in A1, and set font for A1 to "serifffff" (a
> font which does not exist), save and then reopen.
> (Or you can use my attached file)
> 
> 2. When open, A1 shows a serif font;
> 
> 3. Click A2, then click A1 again, A1 will show a sans font;
> 
> 4. Scroll up and down, A1 will become a serif font again.

Yep, same result for me on Win.
Comment 15 mess7788 2014-11-06 04:44:45 UTC
(In reply to Kevin Suo from comment #12)
> @mess7788: Feel free to point it out if I am talking a different issue.

My English is poor,thank you.
You are right.
Comment 16 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-12-09 18:29:09 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 17 QA Administrators 2017-01-03 19:40:24 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 18 rpz 2017-01-04 12:53:13 UTC
Ok in:

Win10 x64
Libreoffice 5.2.4 x64