Problem description: Save a LibreOffice Writer document as a .doc file. Open the resulting .doc file in Word (2013) — the last line is not displayed and does not print. If I close the file and open it again, the last line is now visible and prints correctly.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new document in Writer. Add a few lines, with hard returns, of text.
2. Save it as a .doc file.
3. Open the resulting file in Word (only 2013 tested). The last line will be missing.
4. Save the file, close and reopen it. The last line will be present.
Current behavior: Last line is not present until saved in Word.
Expected behavior: Last line should be present immediately.
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 188.8.131.52 release
Hi Luke..could you attach your file that is saved with Writer? Please remove private informations in that.
Created attachment 85828 [details]
First, a .odt version of the file.
Created attachment 85829 [details]
Second, the exact same file saved as .doc.
Thank you for your bug report,I can not reproduce this bug.
Build ID: bf15ac65c2167fb1ef3daf3710609d4a4c369a9
Microsoft word 2007
OS: Windows 7
I can confirm this problem, it is related only to MS Office 2013 but not MS Office 2010. So this may be the reason, why in has not been confirmed yet.
My tests have shown that the problem is related to LO40, LO41, LO42Alpha1, AOO34 and AOO40, but NOT to OpenOffice.org 3.3.
I ran my test on Ubuntu 64 bit, MSO ran in Win7, 64bit.
So, it looks like the DOC reader in MS Office changed a bit.
This may become a serious bug, once the 2013 version of MSO gets more popular - I would label it a blocker
Change status per comment 5
I reproduced this bug as follows:
1. create a new writer document, add 5 lines of text. do not add an empty line at the end.
55555(last carriage return here)
2. Save in .doc format
3. open it in MSword (i used MS word from office 2013), and the last line will not be seen.
If you save it from Word, and reopen, it reappears.
I discovered that If your last line is empty (there is a standalone paragraph at the end of the document) then this is not reproducible.
*** Bug 72242 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 120757 [details]
Writer 5.0 screenshot
Created attachment 120758 [details]
MS Word 2013 screenshot
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (filter:doc)
It seems this bug has been fixed. Here is a test in LibO Writer 184.108.40.206 x64:
(1) In Writer: open bug-report.odt and save it as bug-report.doc
(2) In MS Word 2013: open bug-report.doc - I can see all the text that is in bug-report.odt
thanks for checking, rpr. When we don't know a specific commit, we set as WorksForMe
Problem still not solved completely for
LibreOffice Version 220.127.116.11 Build-ID: ea7cb86e6eeb2bf3a5af73a8f7777ac570321527 /
MSOffice 2016 Version 16.0.4266.1003
Testing environment on Windows 10 Pro Version 1703
The following test is working fine:
1. open new file
2. enter three lines of text.
3. save as file test1.odt
4. save as file test1.doc
5. close LO Writer
6. open file test1.doc with MS Word
7. MS Word shows the text entered with LO Writer (OK)
Next test is not working correctly:
1. open template "Modern business letter sans-serif" in LO Writer
2. just save as test2.doc
3. close LO Writer
4. open file test2.doc with MS Word
5. last line doesn't show up!!!
6. save as test2-2.doc
7. close MS Word
8. open test2-2.doc with MS Word
9. last line is displayed correctly!