The little search form in the bottom works very poorly.
- hiding the search form and showing it should preserve the search term(s) without having to restore from history
- ctl-g/ctl-shft-g should keep working even after hiding the search form
- search history should be retained even after closing and reopeing the document
- search should be match accented/non accented letters
Many of this behaviours could be seen in action in firefox.
it seems this request was filled long time ago.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.
still present in 184.108.40.206
This is not a valid report as it has multiple issues.
- hiding the search form and showing it *does* preserve the previous search term in my test.
- shortcut should keep working - seems like a useful request
- retaining history between document close - I think many would disagree
- you can use the find and replace dialog (ctrl-h), untick "Ignore diacritics" under "Other options".
I will change this report to be about the shortcut.