from italian user mailing list [users-it]
I want to file a perhaps new bug (I havent found nothing similar to the known open bugs).
- Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit, updated, ita guied;
- LibreOffice 184.108.40.206 (but the bug seem to be documentable since 220.127.116.11 release), from here:
but not from here yet, at the moment:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader XI, MUI, 11.0.5, win32, ita guied;
- pdfforge GmbH PDF Architect, 18.104.22.16882, win32, ita gui selected.
The bug presents itself both on using Acrobat Reader or PDF Architect as Windows (System) pdf default viewer.
On Windows only systems (it seems) and on all LibreOffice's applications, if you enable "pdf show after export" in the File -> "Export in PDF format" windows, you get an error Window.
That Window, probably still from LibreOffice because it doesn't change from Acrobat or PDF Architect, says that was unable to open the pdf file and suggest to check the pdf file name and retry. In any case, the pdf export itself goes fine, but the default viewer doesn't open.
If the pdf file already exist on the export folder (next exports of the same file and so on), all goes fine (and the showed pdf is in the right version too)! The "already existing file" may also be an empty ".pdf renamed" txt file and all still goes fine!
It seems that the system call to the system default pdf viewer is somewhat performed before the real pdf creations and lock o something similar.
Finally , it seems that the bug affects Microsoft Windows only systems because in these first cases all seems to go well:
- Kubuntu 13.04 / KDE 4.11.2
- LibreOffice 22.214.171.124
- Debian Jesse
- libreoffice 4.1.1-1+b1
How to reproduce the bug
- On Microsoft Windows systems;
- open LibreOffice Writer (for example);
- write on it some words or letters;
- go to the File -> "Export in PDF format" window;
- check the (default unchecked!!!) following option "Show the PDF after export" and click on "Export";
- choose an unexisting (!) pdf file name and click on "Save";
- enjoy the error alert window. ;-)
Hope giving you the right informations.
Have a sunny day,
p.s. May somewhat related to the Bug 51347
Thanks for reporting this bug. It's already reported as Bug 68099.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 68099 ***