1) Create a text field
2) Rotate the text field (no 90° increments, something in between)
3) Now click somewhere to deselect the text field
4) Try to move the text field to somewhere else
It is rather difficult to move a rotated text field to a new position, cause when clicking on it, it usually goes straight to the editing mode.
In Writer, rotated text fields behave different, and to my impression handling there is more intuitively.
LibO 188.8.131.52 on Win7 : Reproduced.
- To open the text editor : simple clic on the text in Impress and Draw, double clic on the text in Writer and Calc
- To select the whole rectangle : clic on the rectangle border (clearly visible if the object has a background area color) for all but Draw ,cf. bug 65441 for Draw
- To open the text editor once the object is selected (8 blue handles) : single clic on the text in Impress and Draw, double clic on the text on Writer and Calc
- To select the whole rectangle once the editor is open : clic on the thick visible hatch ; restriction on Draw : only in the vertical borders
- once the object is selected (8 blue handles), to switch from Move-Stretch mode to Rotate Mode (8 red handles) : Rotate/Effects button needed on Calc, Writer and Draw, new simple clic on the border for Impress
Some harmonization would be welcome, not speaking of the underlying code factoring.
Hi, Set is as an enhancement because it is not a bug. To ease the selection of objects in the slide, you can use the Tab key, you will not enter in edit mode at the first click - Sophie