Download it now!
Bug 73094 - Unknow Image component coming while opening XLSX File in Libre Office
Summary: Unknow Image component coming while opening XLSX File in Libre Office
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
unspecified
Hardware: All All
: medium major
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: confirmed:4.2.0.1:OSX
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Calc-Images
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-12-28 08:10 UTC by Vikram
Modified: 2019-09-17 12:37 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Particular XLSX not opening with Libre Office (52.47 KB, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet)
2013-12-30 07:44 UTC, Vikram
Details
the picture after isolated from the sheet (2.22 KB, image/png)
2014-01-02 13:56 UTC, GerardF
Details
screenshot excel 2007 vs libreoffice 4.2.0.1 (310.37 KB, image/png)
2014-01-03 12:29 UTC, Thomas van der Meulen
Details
XLSX compared in MSO LO (135.36 KB, image/jpeg)
2019-09-17 12:36 UTC, Timur
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Vikram 2013-12-28 08:10:48 UTC
Hello All,

I am using Libre office for conversion of XLSX to PDF. While opening XLSX file in libreoffice itself, i am getting some unkwown image component, which was not existing in original xlsx file.

This issue is reproducible on 4.1.4 release, 4.0.1 and 4.2.0.1 as well.

Urgent help is appreciated, to fix this bug, that an unkown image component comes while opening particular xlsx file.

Regards
Vikram jain
Comment 1 Cor Nouws 2013-12-28 08:55:38 UTC
Hi Vikram,

Thanks for reporting.

(In reply to comment #0)

> I am using Libre office for conversion of XLSX to PDF. While opening XLSX
> file in libreoffice itself, i am getting some unkwown image component, which
> was not existing in original xlsx file.

Do you have a test file that you can attach?

> This issue is reproducible on 4.1.4 release, 4.0.1 and 4.2.0.1 as well.
> 
> Urgent help is appreciated, to fix this bug, that an unkown image component
> comes while opening particular xlsx file.

The get-help page on the LibreOffice website links to this.
  http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/developers/
there are people/companies that can step in fast if you need that service.

Regards,
Cor
Comment 2 Vikram 2013-12-30 07:42:33 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Hi Vikram,
> 
> Thanks for reporting.
> 
> (In reply to comment #0)
> 
> > I am using Libre office for conversion of XLSX to PDF. While opening XLSX
> > file in libreoffice itself, i am getting some unkwown image component, which
> > was not existing in original xlsx file.
> 
> Do you have a test file that you can attach?
> 
> > This issue is reproducible on 4.1.4 release, 4.0.1 and 4.2.0.1 as well.
> > 
> > Urgent help is appreciated, to fix this bug, that an unkown image component
> > comes while opening particular xlsx file.
> 
> The get-help page on the LibreOffice website links to this.
>   http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/developers/
> there are people/companies that can step in fast if you need that service.
> 
> Regards,
> Cor

Hello Cor
Comment 3 Vikram 2013-12-30 07:44:40 UTC
Created attachment 91316 [details]
Particular XLSX not opening with Libre Office

Particular XLSX not opening with Libre Office
Comment 4 Vikram 2013-12-30 07:46:34 UTC
(In reply to comment #3)
> Created attachment 91316 [details]
> Particular XLSX not opening with Libre Office
> 
> Particular XLSX not opening with Libre Office

Hello Cor

Attachment is attach with above reply, as asked.

Any help urgently is really appreciated.

Regards
Vikram jain
Comment 5 GerardF 2014-01-02 13:56:49 UTC
Created attachment 91418 [details]
the picture after isolated from the sheet

(In reply to comment #0)

> I am using Libre office for conversion of XLSX to PDF. While opening XLSX
> file in libreoffice itself, i am getting some unkwown image component, which
> was not existing in original xlsx file.

Are you sure this image do not exist in the original file?
See the png attachment.

I don't have Excel for testing. If someone can open this file with Excel...
Comment 6 Vikram 2014-01-02 14:14:34 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> Created attachment 91418 [details]
> the picture after isolated from the sheet
> 
> (In reply to comment #0)
> 
> > I am using Libre office for conversion of XLSX to PDF. While opening XLSX
> > file in libreoffice itself, i am getting some unkwown image component, which
> > was not existing in original xlsx file.
> 
> Are you sure this image do not exist in the original file?
> See the png attachment.
> 
> I don't have Excel for testing. If someone can open this file with Excel...

Hello

Attachment attached with above cooment 2013-12-30 07:44:40 UTC. This image is not visisble when file is opened with MS Office, but when opened with Libre Office, image is visible

Regards
Viks
Comment 7 retired 2014-01-03 12:13:44 UTC
NoRepro:4.2.0.1:OSX

Maybe win only?
Comment 8 Vikram 2014-01-03 12:18:40 UTC
Hello

Sorry could not get by NoRepro:4.2.0.1:OSX

Regards
Vikram
Comment 9 retired 2014-01-03 12:28:26 UTC
Sorry misread the bug. When opened with Excel no image shows up in LO a garbled image shows up.

So actually: Platform OS: ALL and Confirmed > NEW.

Thomas will attach a screenshot showing the issue.
Comment 10 Thomas van der Meulen 2014-01-03 12:29:08 UTC
Created attachment 91458 [details]
screenshot excel 2007 vs libreoffice 4.2.0.1
Comment 11 retired 2014-01-03 12:31:16 UTC
This is not Critical. Why do you think it'S critical? There's no data loss. Annoying yes, but that applies to almost all bugs. That doesn't make it critical. Let's reduce to major.
Comment 12 Vikram 2014-01-07 04:53:00 UTC
Hello

Can you please let me know, will this bug will be fix in next release of Libre Office.

Regards
Viks
Comment 13 Cor Nouws 2014-01-07 09:18:33 UTC
(In reply to comment #12)

> Can you please let me know, will this bug will be fix in next release of
> Libre Office.

Hard to tell when such an issue will be picked up. As written by others: this is annoying but not seen as a really big problem.

(So shouldn't it be 'normal' and not 'major' ?)

Do you have arguments why it should be considered as a big problem?
Comment 14 Vikram 2014-01-07 09:36:23 UTC
Hello Cor

It fine to keep it normal, but considering an unkwnoun image component is coming, over my data in xlsx, so in a way it leads to data corruption(for user it is data corruption, when opening file, data is not properly visible), so it seems it should have higest priority with high criticality.

Regards
Vikram
Comment 15 Joel Madero 2015-05-02 15:43:26 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 16 QA Administrators 2016-09-20 09:41:48 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 17 Timur 2019-09-17 12:36:50 UTC
Created attachment 154227 [details]
XLSX compared in MSO LO

OK now. I'll close.