1. Create a new document in Writer.
2. On the Drawing toolbar, click the Text button.
3. Draw a textbox in the document.
4. Enter some text into the textbox.
5. Click outside the textbox to deselect it.
6. Click the textbox to select it. As expected, it is no longer in the text-editing mode that was in effect in step 4.
7. Issue: The Format > Character... option in the main menu is greyed out. If this option were available, it would allow changing all text in the textbox immediately.
8. To work around this issue, the user needs to double-click the textbox to turn on text-editing mode, then Select All of the text before selecting Format > Character...
This issue probably applies to other menu options also, such as Format > Paragraph...
LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 on Ubuntu 13.04.
thanks for the issue dg,
In Draw, there is the Forn entry in the context menu.
Would help too in this case. I think.