Calc looses named reference when the reference is external, on save and reload
Steps to reproduce
1) create a blank sheet,
2) insert an external reference from another file in cell A1. The formula should be somthing like
3) copy the external reference expression of A1 formula
4) define a named interval with the external reference picked above. Give name os TEST
5) put the named reference in cell A2. Formula should be
6) Save file
7) Open the file again, inspect the named reference in Edit - Names - Manage, look for TEST
The named reference looses its content when it is an external reference.
I add that this feature works for LibreOffice 4.1.4
I can't reproduce the issue with:
Version: 188.8.131.52 Build ID: 05dceb5d363845f2cf968344d7adab8dcfb2ba71
add regression keyword as per comment 1.
I hate to ask but can I get reproducible steps for step 4, what is a named interval? Is it just insert -> Names -> Define?
yes. It is a way to give a name to a complex reference, thus improving readability.
Created attachment 94796 [details]
Demonstrating Correct Behavior - LibreOffice 4.3 Built 25.02.14
LibreOffive 4.3 master built last night
Attached: Document showing that named interval stores full path name
I could not reproduce with 184.108.40.206 and Ubuntu 13.10 - Sophie
It works for me.
Win 7 64-bit Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha1+
Build ID: 4586a3f564600f1a0ce15a5cb98868b43bb9351e
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2014-10-29_07:28:16