Created attachment 96151 [details]
snapshot format, cell, input box of Calc sheet
type in 1:20 or 01:20
20:00 appears in cell and 01:20:00 AM appears in input box
tried various combos of reformating, retyping, editing contents, no luck. Just checked - typing in 00:01:20 works, apparently format defaults to HH:MM:SS
This has been a bugbear for me with various spreadsheets [XL etc] for 30 years. People can't conceive of day/time independant of calendars.
Steps to reproduce:
enter 1:20 get 20:00
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 188.8.131.52 release
reproducible with LO 184.108.40.206 (Win 8.1)
1. Open CALC
2. Select the cells A1 and A2
3. Go to FORMAT -> CELLS -> tab NUMBERS
4. Go to TIME in CATEGORY and select 13:37:46 in FORMAT
5. Go to the field FORMAT CODE and delete "HH:" (now there is only MM:SS left) and press the OK check on the right of the entry field and press afterwards OK to close the dialog box -> a user-defined time format is added
6. Select the cell A3
7. Go to FORMAT -> CELLS -> tab NUMBERS
8. Go to TIME in CATEGORY and select 37:46,00 in FORMAT
9. Go to cell A1 and type 01:20
10. Go to cell A2 and type 00:01:20
11. Go to cell A3 and type 01:20
A1 gets 20:00
A2 gets 01:20
A3 gets 20:00
If a cell has the format MM:SS and I type there 01:20 then I would expect as output 01:20.
For me it is not a bug. Time format is not an input format, it is a viewing format.
Hi Eike: do you agree?
Best regards. JBF
Agreed, cell number formats are display formats, not input masks. Time input is accepted as h:m or h:m:s
However, one could argue that if a cell is already formatted to MM:SS a digit:digit input could be accepted as m:s as a special case.
Changing this to RFE.
*** Bug 94771 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***