Download it now!
Bug 77015 - Spreadsheet MATCH function fails when accessed through com.sun.star.sheet.FunctionAccess service
Summary: Spreadsheet MATCH function fails when accessed through com.sun.star.sheet.Fun...
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: BASIC (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.2.2.1 release
Hardware: All All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-04-03 16:13 UTC by DonJaime
Modified: 2015-08-03 07:38 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Sample spreadsheet accessing MATCH directly and through a macro (14.27 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2014-04-03 16:13 UTC, DonJaime
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description DonJaime 2014-04-03 16:13:49 UTC
Created attachment 96857 [details]
Sample spreadsheet accessing MATCH directly and through a macro

When I use the com.sun.star.sheet.FunctionAccess aservice to access the MATCH function, it returns 0. At least some other functions work properly. This bug seems to be new in 4.2: it wasn't there in 4.1.5.3
Comment 1 contact 2014-04-09 19:27:17 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> Created attachment 96857 [details]
> Sample spreadsheet accessing MATCH directly and through a macro
> 
> When I use the com.sun.star.sheet.FunctionAccess aservice to access the
> MATCH function, it returns 0. At least some other functions work properly.
> This bug seems to be new in 4.2: it wasn't there in 4.1.5.3

I confirm the bug with the MATCH function and also with the VLOOKUP function in 4.2. It works without problem in 4.1.5.3
Comment 2 pierre-yves samyn 2014-04-14 07:47:27 UTC
Hello

I reproduce on windows 7/64 with 
Version: 4.2.3.3
Build ID: 882f8a0a489bc99a9e60c7905a60226254cb6ff0

Also reproduced (fr-sers) on Linux Mint 14 and Windows XP SP3.

I set status to New.

Regards
Pierre-Yves
Comment 3 QA Administrators 2015-06-08 14:41:20 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

   Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (4.4.3 or later)
   https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

   If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
 
 If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System

Please DO NOT

   Update the version field
   Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
   Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so: 1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)

http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug 
3. Leave a comment with your results;
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo"; 
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa

Thank you for your help!

-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEW Message was generated on: 2015-06-08
Comment 4 Buovjaga 2015-08-02 09:31:43 UTC
When I run ssFn, I get
BASIC runtime error.
Argument is not optional.

Highlighted: ssFn = CreateUnoService("com.sun.star.sheet.FunctionAccess" _

Win 7 Pro 64-bit Version: 5.1.0.0.alpha1+
Build ID: 902255645328efde34ddf62227c8278e8dd61ff0
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2015-07-30_03:52:07
Locale: en-US (fi_FI)
Comment 5 DonJaime 2015-08-02 16:41:08 UTC
The problem in comment #4 is a different bug, which may be worth reporting.
Comment 6 Buovjaga 2015-08-03 06:36:06 UTC
(In reply to DonJaime from comment #5)
> The problem in comment #4 is a different bug, which may be worth reporting.

If you create a new report for it, you can CC me and I will confirm it.
Comment 7 DonJaime 2015-08-03 07:33:46 UTC
(In reply to Beluga from comment #6)
> (In reply to DonJaime from comment #5)
> If you create a new report for it, you can CC me and I will confirm it.

I don't have the affected version or any intention of installing it.
Comment 8 Buovjaga 2015-08-03 07:38:36 UTC
(In reply to DonJaime from comment #7)
> (In reply to Beluga from comment #6)
> > (In reply to DonJaime from comment #5)
> > If you create a new report for it, you can CC me and I will confirm it.
> 
> I don't have the affected version or any intention of installing it.

Ok, you can get it here: http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/
It installs in parallel and has its own user profile folder, so it won't affect your normal installation.