Bug 80060 - FORMATTING: mate panel disappear
Summary: FORMATTING: mate panel disappear
Status: RESOLVED NOTOURBUG
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.2.4.2 release
Hardware: Other Linux (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-06-15 19:53 UTC by mihai petcu
Modified: 2014-06-26 08:08 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments
print screen (196.94 KB, image/png)
2014-06-15 19:53 UTC, mihai petcu
Details
attachment-4689-0.html (4.83 KB, text/html)
2014-06-16 10:23 UTC, mihai petcu
Details
attachment-4689-1.dat (1 bytes, multipart/alternative)
2014-06-16 10:23 UTC, mihai petcu
Details
mate_panel.png (739.48 KB, image/png)
2014-06-16 10:23 UTC, mihai petcu
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description mihai petcu 2014-06-15 19:53:51 UTC
Created attachment 101119 [details]
print screen

Problem description: 
when trying to change paragraph background the mate panels are dissappearing.
i'm ussing linux mint 13 (maya) x64 (mate) on lenovo thinkpad x200.

Steps to reproduce:
1. select any text
2. press colour changing button (see cursor position from printscreen)

Current behavior:
no visible panel but, if i click on it's position, the menu appears.
i guess the panels are just invisible but still working.
in order to make them appear again i need to reboot the system.
the mate panels are not disappearing in any other circumstances.

Expected behavior:
need panels not to disappear
              
Operating System: Ubuntu
Version: 4.2.4.2 release
Comment 1 Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired) 2014-06-15 22:35:45 UTC
Cannot reproduce with Linux Mint 13, Mate Panel 1.6.1 and LibO 4.2.4. What version of the mate panel do you use? You can find out by right-clicking on it and selecting 'About Panels'.
Comment 2 mihai petcu 2014-06-16 10:23:54 UTC
Created attachment 101157 [details]
attachment-4689-0.html

using mate panel 1.2.1 (see attachment).
the system is up to date.
do you recommend me to upgrade mate panel to 1.6? 

before sending this e-mail I tried to reproduce the bug conditions; the panels are disappearing as I said yesterday.
any other info?
if you need more clues for this tell me and maybe we will establish a remote control session on my laptop



În Luni, 16 Iunie 2014 1:35:45, "bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org" <bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org> a scris:
 

>
>
> 
>Jay Philips  changed bug 80060 
>
>What
>Removed
>Added
>Status UNCONFIRMED  NEEDINFO  
>CC    philipz85@hotmail.com  
>Ever confirmed    1  
>Comment # 1 on bug 80060 from Jay Philips  
>Cannot reproduce with Linux Mint 13, Mate Panel 1.6.1 and LibO 4.2.4. What
version of the mate panel do you use? You can find out by right-clicking on it
and selecting 'About Panels'.
>________________________________
> You are receiving this mail because: 
>	* You reported the bug.
>
>
Comment 3 mihai petcu 2014-06-16 10:23:54 UTC
Created attachment 101158 [details]
attachment-4689-1.dat
Comment 4 mihai petcu 2014-06-16 10:23:54 UTC
Created attachment 101159 [details]
mate_panel.png
Comment 5 Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired) 2014-06-16 13:47:43 UTC
Hi Mihai,

This seems to be a bug with the mate desktop environment and not libreoffice and i think you should take it up with the linux mint and/or mate desktop teams. I have had similar issues with mate as it is not as well supported by other applications as i had hoped it would be. Enabling the linux mint backports repository to upgrade mate to 1.6.1 may solve your issue but may cause other issues. I would recommend that you to upgrade to linux mint 17, as it has mate 1.8, and its more likely that if you find problems there, the linux mint and mate desktop teams would be more likely to look into the issue.

@jmadero, @jorendc: what is your opinion of this?
Comment 6 mihai petcu 2014-06-16 17:37:36 UTC
ok, I'll try that
thanks



În Luni, 16 Iunie 2014 16:47:43, "bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org" <bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org> a scris:
 

>
>
> 
>Jay Philips  changed bug 80060 
>
>What
>Removed
>Added
>Status NEEDINFO  RESOLVED  
>Resolution ---  NOTOURBUG  
>CC    jmadero.dev@gmail.com, jorendc@libreoffice.org  
>Comment # 5 on bug 80060 from Jay Philips  
>Hi Mihai, This seems to be a bug with the mate desktop environment and not libreoffice
and i think you should take it up with the linux mint and/or mate desktop
teams. I have had similar issues with mate as it is not as well supported by
other applications as i had hoped it would be. Enabling the linux mint
backports repository to upgrade mate to 1.6.1 may solve your issue but may
cause other issues. I would recommend that you to upgrade to linux mint 17, as
it has mate 1.8, and its more likely that if you find problems there, the linux
mint and mate desktop teams would be more likely to look into the issue. @jmadero, @jorendc: what is your opinion of this?
>________________________________
> You are receiving this mail because: 
>	* You reported the bug.
>
>
Comment 7 mihai petcu 2014-06-25 15:36:15 UTC
I've installed mint 17.
things got worse: mate panels are disappearing (but still working in invisible "mode") when launching libreoffice.
one mention: I use ppa for LibreOffice
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu precise main
what now?



În Luni, 16 Iunie 2014 20:37:32, PETCU MIHAI CATALIN <miky_brother@yahoo.com> a scris:
 

>
>
>ok, I'll try that
>thanks
>
>
>
>
>În Luni, 16 Iunie 2014 16:47:43, "bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org" <bugzilla-daemon@freedesktop.org> a scris:
> 
>
>>
>>
>Jay Philips  changed bug 80060 
>
>What
>Removed
>Added
>Status NEEDINFO  RESOLVED  
>Resolution ---  NOTOURBUG  
>CC    jmadero.dev@gmail.com, jorendc@libreoffice.org  
>Comment # 5 on bug 80060 from Jay Philips  
>Hi Mihai, This seems to be a bug with the mate desktop environment and not libreoffice
and i think you should take it up with the linux mint and/or mate desktop
teams. I have had similar issues with mate as it is not as well supported by
other applications as i had hoped it would be. Enabling the linux mint
backports repository to upgrade mate to 1.6.1 may solve your issue but may
cause other issues. I would recommend that you to upgrade to linux mint 17, as
it has mate 1.8, and its more likely that if you find problems there, the linux
mint and mate desktop teams would be more likely to look into the issue. @jmadero, @jorendc: what is your opinion of this?
>________________________________
> You are receiving this mail because: 
>	* You reported the bug.
>
>
>
>
Comment 8 Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired) 2014-06-26 00:52:39 UTC
Hi Mihai,

I have mint 17 mate running on my laptop and i tried to reproduce the same issue but couldnt. Using the PPA is fine. Is this happening on a fresh installation of linux mint 17 without you adding multiple panels or customizing the panels? Is it possible that the issue maybe caused by you graphics card driver. Are you using the open source or proprietary graphics card and which graphics card is it?

Please dont reply to these message by email as it adds unnecessary information into the system. Please click on the bug number link provided in the email and you will be taken to this bugzilla page, where you can add your comment and attachments.
Comment 9 mihai petcu 2014-06-26 08:06:36 UTC
using Mint 17 x64, fresh install on a Lenovo Thinkpad x200 with an Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2A42] and a generic i915 driver.
i've created an extra top panel without modifying it's standard settings.
removed libreoffice from ppa and installed from official repository. now the panels are disappearing when i try to change font colour / underlining colour / background colour, and it's happening only when i open the list to select another colour. 
things are going back to normal by restarting X.org (Ctrl + Alt + Backspace) or by rebooting the system.
Comment 10 mihai petcu 2014-06-26 08:08:59 UTC
i found the cause: everything is working fine by disabling composition