When updating to 22.214.171.124 the Startup menu group from previous version (in my case 4.2) was emptied but not removed.
This regression was observed under Windows XP Pro x86 SP3 and Windows 7 Pro x64
@Pedro, is the empty LibreOffice 4.2 Start Menu Program Group still present after reboot?
Believe reboot is required to clear the start menu cache. If still there following reboot, then there could be a missing custom action from the installer package.
@Stuart, I didn't reboot. Windows does not require a reboot to remove program groups.
The problem seems to be that the installer fails to remove the program group. I have tested with releases from 4.2 and 4.1 branch and the same happens.
BTW please change the status to UNCONFIRMED
This bug still applies to the 4.4 branch under Windows 7 x64 (tested with Version: 126.96.36.199
Build ID: 1ba9640ddd424f1f535c75bf2b86703770b8cf6f
Works correctly on Windows 7 sp1, 64-bit en-US with 4.4.0 rc2
Build ID: a3603970151a6ae2596acd62b70112f4d376b990
Also, can not reproduce with Windows XP sp3 32-bit en-US running on VMWare Workstation
STV -- on Windows XP
1. Fresh new install of LibreOffice_188.8.131.52_Win_x86.msi
2. verify install is recorded to StartMenu -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\LibreOffice 4.3
3. open a few documents to populate LO Start Center and exit
4. Install LibreOffice_184.108.40.206_Win_x86.msi
5. open Start Center -- recent documents from old profile present? Yes.
5. open StartMenu folder in Windows explorer shell--C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
Has the "LibreOffice 4.3" group been emptied and removed? Yes.
Is there only a "LibreOffice 4.4" group present and populated with launchers? Yes
Resolved? Looks to be.