Created attachment 101705 [details]
Connector that has one bend reroutes itself off the page. Saving the file fixes it temporarily, but navigating or exporting to PDF causes it to reoccur. With multiple such connectors in a multi-page document, it became impossible to print a clean copy. Using Modify > Convert > To Curve makes the connector into a different object which does not have this rerouting problem. See the attached images.
Created attachment 101706 [details]
Created attachment 101707 [details]
Please attach the problematic document too.
Created attachment 101753 [details]
On page 9, the two connectors labeled "onbar" will often reroute off the bottom of the page.
On page 10, the connector labeled "Informix replication" will often do the same.
Often navigating to the page, or saving the document, will reset the routing. But navigating to other pages, printing to a printer, or exporting to a PDF will cause it to happen again.
I can reproduce the problem with your attached document using Version: 22.214.171.124
Build ID: 63150712c6d317d27ce2db16eb94c2f3d7b699f8 on Windows 7, and using Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+ Build ID: 18c786cbcd45ee314bed6303c62e23ecf4022a8b
TinderBox: Win-x86@51-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2014-06-12_13:31:10
But I'm not sure. The wrong routing might be caused by the placeholders for the not found graphics. Can you please attach the file again, but break the links before upload.
I have repaired (Edit > Links > Modify) the links to the graphics to point to my Gallery folders and then saved the document with "saved as" under a new name. That forces the connectors to be recalculated and they jump to the correct route. With that file there are no longer routing problems.
Created attachment 101764 [details]
Diagram file with links broken
Your file "Diagram file with links broken" has always correct routing of the connectors for me, in both tested LO versions.
Breaking the links seems to work for me as well. I'm new to LO - I assume normally we should *not* need to break links?
I probably should have mentioned that I had added a glue point in the center of the objects which are involved in the misrouted connectors. These specific connectors do not use the added glue points, but other connectors do. That may help in locating the source of the bug.
Can not reproduce with alleged bad connector document on LO
Build ID: edfb5295ba211bd31ad47d0bad0118690f76407d
Oops, spoke too soon.
The first time I navigated through the document, the connectors were displayed correctly, the when I scrolled up through the pages from the last page the connectors were displayed off the page
There is a noticeable delay when switching slides whilst the objects are redrawn and displayed. The redraw seems to cause the connector misalignment
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (5.0.5 or 5.1.2 https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT
- Update the version field
- Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
- Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa
Thank you for your help!
-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEW Message was generated on: 2016-04-16
The attached odg looks fine with v188.8.131.52.0+ (LibO Fresh on Arch Linux). Please verify that the issue has been fixed.
Still not fixed
Build ID: 066b007f5ebcc236395c7d282ba488bca6720265
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.6; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-GB (fr.UTF-8)
In fact, I would say the diagram looks even worse now than it did when I previously tested it. Not only do the connectors go off the page, but the text box objects look terrible, all overlapping.
Created attachment 127110 [details]
Screenshot of test file in LO5204
This works fine for me now
Build ID: 8e8dd8f320a3ff59ff8a16c1a7a867888ce80700
CPU threads: 2; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.6; UI render: default;
TinderBox: MacOSX-x86_64@49-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2018-03-13_23:59:29
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group