LibreOffice Draw reverts fonts to Times New Roman of its own accord. It then crashes when trying to undo these changes.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Change the default style in Styles and Formatting to use an exotic font.
2. Draw a complex diagram with text-in-objects, text boxes and embedded images.
3. Carry on adding items to the document. At some point, usually when nudging an image around, all your text in text boxes will change font to Times New Roman, or some other shitty default font. Text-in-boxes seems unaffected.
4. Try to reverse the changes with Ctrl+z.Then try to reverse them by clicking on the Undo toolbar button's drop down. LibreOffice Draw will crash with data loss.
- Random unsolicited changes of font fucking up my hard work, which are impossible to undo, and attempting to undo them causes crash and data loss.
- The fonts remain in the same font-family, colour, etc that I set them at.
- LibreOffice Draw doesn't crash.
LibreOffice... proving that there really is something shitter than Microsoft Office.
Operating System: Ubuntu
Version: 126.96.36.199 release
Sorry that you lost data but this step: 2. Draw a complex diagram with text-in-objects, text boxes and embedded images - is too ambiguous for us to reproduce.
Please attach a document that takes care of step 1 and 2 and then mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED and we will try to reproduce with step 3 and 4.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least 6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Message generated on: 2015-02-18
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INVALID due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker
-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEEDINFO Message was generated on: 2015-04-01