Using a 32bit LibreOffice on MacOSX, newly installed extensions are activated immediately. As far as I can tell, this has always been the case.
But the 64 bit versions for Mac (4.2 and 4.3) behave differently. After installing an extension, one needs to quit LO and start again before the extension is activated and made available for use. This is a regression.
I have tested this with both C++-based extensions (e.g. the LO-voikko 4.0 extensions available on http://divvun.no/libreofficeoxt.html) and with the toy Hunspell extensions in bug https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=83376. I also built the example code complextoolbarcontrols on http://api.libreoffice.org/examples/examples.html#Cpp_examples, and it behaved the same.
1) download or build any of the mentioned oxt's above
2) install in 64-bit LO for Mac (4.2 or 4.3)
3) observe that the oxt is useless
4) restart LO and observe that the oxt can now be used
5) Redo 1) and 2) with a 32-bit LO (e.g. 32-bit versions of 4.2 or 4.3, or using older, 32-bit only LO versions)
6) observe that the oxt is immediately available for use - no restart of LO required
Tried to reproduce:
1. download http://divvun.no/static_files/oxts/fi_LO-voikko-4.0-mac.oxt
2. open LO Version: 18.104.22.168
Build ID: 1ba9640ddd424f1f535c75bf2b86703770b8cf6f
3. open extension manager
4. Add and select the downloaded file
5. install for all users
all good. how do I "observe that the oxt is useless"? Not sure what it does, you don't mention anything. But I can open it's options and don't see any need for a restart.
Setting to NEEDINFO until we have detailed info on how to check extension availability.
OSX 10.10.1 here.
More testing: installed http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/calendar-for-calc/releases/4.0.1
That showed in Tools > Addons as "Calendar" right after installation. A restart didn't change anything.
I think this is WORKSFORME in 22.214.171.124.
Please re-open if you disagree or I missed something.
(In reply to foss from comment #2)
> More testing: installed
> That showed in Tools > Addons as "Calendar" right after installation. A
> restart didn't change anything.
> I think this is WORKSFORME in 126.96.36.199.
I just retested with the 188.8.131.52 version of LO, and the problem is solved. It does not exhibit the behavior seen in LibreOffice 4.2 and 4.3. I changed the resolution from WORKSFORME to FIXED.
(In reply to SMoshagen from comment #3)
> I just retested with the 184.108.40.206 version of LO, and the problem is solved.
> It does not exhibit the behavior seen in LibreOffice 4.2 and 4.3. I changed
> the resolution from WORKSFORME to FIXED.
Thank you for your tests, but FIXED is used when we know what commit fixed the bug. Otherwise the right status is WorksForMe.
Best regards. JBF