In the windows explorer, double click in any of the libreoffice files to open it.
The program (writer or any) opens the file, but the window stays behind the windows file explorer window.
If you double click on a password protected file to open it
then the “Enter password” window opens for a fraction of a second and goes behind the current window.
If you type the password correctly and press enter, the file opens, even if the password window is not present and when typing nothing is visible.
If you click on the icon of writer (or any other libreoffice application) in the windows task bar it doesn't bring the window application to become active, click it in again, retains the window behind, as if it were in the front.
Once opened a LibreOffice file, if you open another one, the behavior is like this.
Clicking on other application icon to maximize and minimize, then double click on the libreoffice file, will open it correctly.
Clicking on LibreOffice application icon to maximize and minimize, then double click on the LibreOffice file, will open it behind the active windows explorer, reproducing this bug.
Opens the file and send the application window behind the windows explorer.
It should bring the window application to the front and active for editing.
It seems to be two related bugs 48300 and 49134
I have tested this in win xp and works fine, in win 7 home premium also works fine, only on win 8 and 8.1 in present.
Created attachment 107330 [details]
Escreenshots and descriptions
> I have tested this in win xp and works fine, in win 7 home premium also works
>fine, only on win 8 and 8.1 in present.
I’m inclined to close this as NOTOUTBUG then… If you upgrade to 4.3.2 is the behavior different?
I have updated to LO 22.214.171.124 when it was released last week, and made the tests since then in different machines that i work with. 3 Win Xp, 1 Win 7, and 2 Win 8.1.
Only in Win 8.1 the problem is present.
I noticed this problem since Lo 4.2.0. Don't know if it was present in earlier version. My laptop had Win 8 and the problem was present almost a year, then updated to 8.1 a month ago and the problem still is present. Due to other bug reports that I have made, I have refreshed user profiles and testing those, this problem was present.
So i think that this case should be revised and not closed.
Thanks! I can indeed reproduce the problem in Windows 8.1 in 4.4. Marking this “NEW”.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 48300 ***