Download it now!
Bug 84827 - Fieldnames are not localized any more (Version 4.2.6 and 4.3.1) - MAC only
Summary: Fieldnames are not localized any more (Version 4.2.6 and 4.3.1) - MAC only
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Base (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.3.1.2 release
Hardware: Other Mac OS X (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-10-09 07:05 UTC by Thomas Krumbein
Modified: 2017-08-26 17:01 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
German fieldnames former, now english fieldnames (155.87 KB, image/jpeg)
2014-10-09 07:05 UTC, Thomas Krumbein
Details
Behaviour in LO 4.1.6 and before (26.76 KB, image/jpeg)
2014-10-09 07:06 UTC, Thomas Krumbein
Details
Behaviour in LO 4.2.6 - same data-source (24.47 KB, image/jpeg)
2014-10-09 07:07 UTC, Thomas Krumbein
Details
Behaviour in LO 4.3.1 - same data-source (28.62 KB, image/jpeg)
2014-10-09 07:08 UTC, Thomas Krumbein
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Thomas Krumbein 2014-10-09 07:05:28 UTC
Created attachment 107590 [details]
German fieldnames former, now english fieldnames

Up to version 4.1.6 minimum the field names of the internal MAC Adressbook were showed locolized in data-browser.
Templates using those fieldnames (mail-merged) works well in this versions.

Since version 4.2.6 (maybe earlier?) the field names of the same data-source were only provided in englich - so all mail-merge documents failed.

Same behaviour in version 4.3.1.

I added some screenshots: LibeOffice-Brief2.jpg shows an existing template which worked well in used ersions (< 4.2.6). After update on version 4.2.6 fieldnames doesn´d match.

Uwe Altmann made some additional tests on his mac - same Date-Source, but different display in version 4.1.6, 4.2.6 and 4.3.1.

Missed localisation?

There may be exist a conection to bug #80810 - but in details there are differences.
Comment 1 Thomas Krumbein 2014-10-09 07:06:45 UTC
Created attachment 107591 [details]
Behaviour in LO 4.1.6 and before
Comment 2 Thomas Krumbein 2014-10-09 07:07:39 UTC
Created attachment 107592 [details]
Behaviour in LO 4.2.6 - same data-source
Comment 3 Thomas Krumbein 2014-10-09 07:08:14 UTC
Created attachment 107593 [details]
Behaviour in LO 4.3.1 - same data-source
Comment 4 Alex Thurgood 2015-01-03 17:40:20 UTC Comment hidden (no-value)
Comment 5 tommy27 2016-04-16 07:26:53 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 6 QA Administrators 2017-05-22 13:23:12 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 7 eisa01 2017-08-26 17:01:24 UTC
I created a Addresses.odb from my English install of LibreOffice with English as the main language in OS X.

If I set my mac display language to German, I get German field names when I open the Addresses.odb file

So this seems to work for me now

Version: 5.4.0.3
Build ID: 7556cbc6811c9d992f4064ab9287069087d7f62c
CPU threads: 2; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.6; UI render: default; 
Locale: de-DE (de_NO.UTF-8); Calc: group