Bug 85603 - Filesave (Export) as (X)HTML increases memory usage and shows false statusbar indication
Summary: Filesave (Export) as (X)HTML increases memory usage and shows false statusbar...
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Impress (show other bugs)
(earliest affected) rc
Hardware: Other Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
Keywords: haveBacktrace
Depends on:
Blocks: (X)HTML-Export Memory
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2014-10-29 15:05 UTC by Alexander Berg
Modified: 2023-01-12 09:54 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:

File for testing... (1.68 MB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation)
2014-11-02 08:54 UTC, Alexander Berg
console bt (11.54 KB, text/plain)
2014-11-05 21:09 UTC, Julien Nabet

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Alexander Berg 2014-10-29 15:05:00 UTC
After installing the desired export as HTML with 1024*768 images works fine, but the process bar starts with 100%. In the Taskmanager the soffice.bin blows upt to 1.3GB starting from 400MB. After Export it returns to 400MB. Is it Normal?

Another hint: I tested the XHTML-Export and Impress crashes.
Comment 1 Julien Nabet 2014-11-01 10:53:25 UTC
Do you reproduce this with a brand new file with just "test"?
If not, would it be possible you attach your file so we can give it a try? (please have in mind that any attachment is automatically made public so remove any confidential/private part).
Comment 2 Alexander Berg 2014-11-02 08:54:00 UTC
Created attachment 108788 [details]
File for testing...

Today I tested the export in an empty directory... the "wrong" process bar comes only, when overwritung existing files. HTML-export works. But the XHTML-export crashes also using an empty directory.
Comment 3 Julien Nabet 2014-11-05 21:09:18 UTC
Created attachment 108991 [details]
console bt

On pc Debian x86-64 with 4.3.3 LO Debian package, I don't reproduce the problem with html export.
However, I reproduced the crash with xhtml export with 4.3.3 + master sources updated yesterday.
I attached a bt (from master sources).
Comment 4 Julien Nabet 2014-11-05 21:10:35 UTC
I think both are not linked since html and xhtml export use different parts of LO code.
Anyway, let's put this at NEW for the moment.
Comment 5 Alexander Berg 2014-11-06 07:13:24 UTC
Okay. In essence, the desired output works in the desired size - with some side effects. Thanks a lot for your attention.
Comment 6 QA Administrators 2015-12-20 16:14:27 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 7 QA Administrators 2017-01-03 19:48:55 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2021-01-11 03:57:25 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 QA Administrators 2023-01-12 03:21:15 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 Alexander Berg 2023-01-12 09:52:15 UTC
It works now.