Using the file-new-label option I created a custom sized label. I dived an A4 in exactly 16labels without spacing between them. So, I selected a horizontal distance of 5.25cm and a vertical distance of 7.43cm. The width and height were exactly the same and I the top and left margin were 0.00cm. I used 4 columns and 4 rows and a paper size of 21.0cm by 29.70cm.
When printing this on a pre-printed A4 sheet with no margins I found that the text of the bottom row was shifted on the label with respect to the pre-print in comparison to the top row. I checked what happened by measuring the distance between the text and found out that the actual printed distance was exactly 1mm larger than specified. So the horizonal distance turned out to be 52.35cm and the vertical distance 74.53cm.
As a work-around I created a label sheet where I used distances, widths and heights that were exactly 1mm smaller than it should be and now the print is perfect. Downside is that on the screen it now appears as if I am not using the entire A4, it shows like there is a blank column on the right of the labels and a blank row on the bottom. It would be very useful if the user can actually use the correct dimensions and that it gets printed accordingly.
Thank you for reporting the bug. Please attach a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the document.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least 6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
This NEEDINFO message was generated on: 2015-10-14
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INVALID due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker
This INVALID Message was generated on: 2016-05-09