Suppose I have a.odt and b.doc in some directory.
I open a.odt and click save as to convert it to a.doc .
However, when I choose doc from the pull-down list, the file name is changed from a.odt to b.doc instead of a.doc . If I do not notice this, the unrelated file b.doc will be overwritten with the converted a.odt without a warning.
The reason seems to be that the file dialog is looking for an existing *.doc file instead of creating a new file with the same base name and a different ending.
LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 release
Ubuntu 14.04 x64
I do not see this behavior if I am understanding you correctly. What I did:
1. New document;
2. Save as a.odt in folder temp;
3. New document;
4. Save as b.doc in folder temp;
5. Close LibreOffice;
6. Open a.odt
7. File -> Save As -> Pull Down menu .doc
File a.odt changes to b.doc?
Extensions aren't even visible - I just see "a" and the extension is controlled by the drop-down.
Am I missing something? Setting to NEEDINFO as the instructions provided are a bit unclear. Once you provide reproducible steps please set to UNCONFIRMED. Thanks!
(In reply to Joel Madero from comment #1)
These steps are precisely what I meant. I tried again on 2 systems and it is confusing:
* With LO 18.104.22.168 on Windows 7 the problem does not happen; the ending is not shown at all but the new file is correct.
* With LO 22.214.171.124 on Suse Linux, the problem does not happen in this way in a new directory. The endings are shown, sometimes a.odt is replaced with an empty string upon choosing doc, sometimes a.doc comes correctly.
* In my Downloads directory with 2000 files and hundreds of odt and doc , the problem happens consistenly: for several odt files that I tried, the conversion always is changing the file's base name to an existing doc file.
The problem does not happen for conversion from doc to odt .
* So I copied all doc and odt files to a new directory, but here the problem does not appear ...
Is this bug still valid / reproducible with the latest LO release?
Should this be still reproducible for you with the latest LO release please set this bug back to UNCONFIRMED. Should this issue be solved set it to WORKSFORME.
Setting to NEEDINFO until more detail is provided.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INVALID
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Sun, 11 Sep 2016 21:43:24 +0200
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker