Bug Hunting Session
Bug 87746 - Slide Design should be disabled when in Master View
Summary: Slide Design should be disabled when in Master View
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Impress (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.5.0.0.alpha0+ Master
Hardware: Other All
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks: Impress-UX
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2014-12-26 15:12 UTC by Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired)
Modified: 2019-02-23 15:55 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired) 2014-12-26 15:12:27 UTC
The in master view (View > Master > Slide Master) the slide design function (Format > Slide Design - .uno:PresentationLayout) should be inaccessible as it has not effect in this view.
Comment 1 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2014-12-27 05:02:40 UTC
(In reply to Jay Philips from comment #0)
> The in master view (View > Master > Slide Master) the slide design function
> (Format > Slide Design - .uno:PresentationLayout) should be inaccessible as
> it has not effect in this view.

Choosing a slide design to use for the slide master sounds somewhat reasonable. What's the reasoning here?
Comment 2 Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired) 2014-12-27 10:49:16 UTC
(In reply to Robinson Tryon (qubit) from comment #1)
> Choosing a slide design to use for the slide master sounds somewhat
> reasonable. What's the reasoning here?

Slide design is to set the master slide used on a slide. :D
Comment 3 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2014-12-27 14:43:04 UTC
(In reply to Jay Philips from comment #2)
> (In reply to Robinson Tryon (qubit) from comment #1)
> > Choosing a slide design to use for the slide master sounds somewhat
> > reasonable. What's the reasoning here?
> 
> Slide design is to set the master slide used on a slide. :D

So why is it called 'Slide design' instead of something with 'Slide master' in the name like 'Slide Master Picker' ? We should try to be consistent with the naming here.

Here's how I tested the dialog: In the Slide Design dialog I 
1) navigated: Load -> Presentation Backgrounds -> Abstract Green
2) Selected the Green slide
3) Clicked 'OK'

That changed the slide master to green. It seemed like a somewhat intuitive way to update the slide master, even if it's not the suggested method.
Comment 4 Yousuf Philips (jay) (retired) 2014-12-27 18:32:14 UTC
(In reply to Robinson Tryon (qubit) from comment #3)
> So why is it called 'Slide design' instead of something with 'Slide master'
> in the name like 'Slide Master Picker' ? We should try to be consistent with
> the naming here.

I have been meaning to submit a bug report on this issue. :D

> That changed the slide master to green. It seemed like a somewhat intuitive
> way to update the slide master, even if it's not the suggested method.

When in master view, it didnt replace the current slide master (titled Default), it added a new slide master of abstract green and then set the slide of the presentation to the abstract green as well.

I'm not an experienced impress user, but it would be good to get the opinion of someone who is. Do you know any on the QA team qubit?
Comment 5 Cor Nouws 2014-12-27 21:09:15 UTC
(In reply to Robinson Tryon (qubit) from comment #3)
> So why is it called 'Slide design' instead of something with 'Slide master'
> in the name like 'Slide Master Picker' ? We should try to be consistent with
> the naming here.

yep - there's an issue for that :)

> Here's how I tested the dialog: In the Slide Design dialog I 
> 1) navigated: Load -> Presentation Backgrounds -> Abstract Green
> 2) Selected the Green slide
> 3) Clicked 'OK'

According to the Help it can also serve to change background of all slides in the document.
But that's not true: it only works for slides with the same master slide as the active slide. And is not available in Master view.
Comment 6 Cor Nouws 2014-12-27 21:10:46 UTC
(In reply to Cor Nouws from comment #5)
> According to the Help it can also serve to change background of all slides
> in the document.
> But that's not true: it only works for slides with the same master slide as
> the active slide. And is not available in Master view.

And it not only changes background. 
As far as I see it actually replaces the master slide.
Comment 7 Cor Nouws 2015-11-18 19:19:11 UTC
let's consider the linked issue too
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2017-01-03 19:36:00 UTC
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **

To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.

There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.

If you have time, please do the following:

Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice 
(5.1.6 or 5.2.3  https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and 
your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
 
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave 
a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System

Please DO NOT

Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not 
appropriate in this case)


If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)

http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword


Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa

Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-UntouchedBug-20170103
Comment 9 sandy jiil 2019-02-23 15:55:33 UTC Comment hidden (spam)