Created attachment 112193 [details]
screenshot of spelling checker dialogs with no text language selected
Problem description: Spelling checker fails when language changed from English (UK) to Spanish (Mexico)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Default setting for LibreOffice English (UK)
2. Write a document in Spanish. It is full of [English] spelling errors
3. Tools → Language for all text → Spanish (Mexico)
4. spelling errors are not marked
5. Tools → Spelling and Grammar
6. attached "Spelling" dialog pops up with no text language selected
7. LibreOffice 22.214.171.124 dialog pops up over the "Spelling" dialog: "Continue checking at the beginning of document?"
8. regardless of whether I click Yes or No, both dialogs close, preventing me from setting "Text language"
4. the dictionary would be swapped from English (UK) to Spanish (Mexico)
5. misspelled words in Spanish would be marked
6. r-clicking on marked words would pop up a list of candidate replacement words
Do you have a Spanish spellchecker installed?
Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the information.
How do I determine if I have a Spanish spellchecker installed?
(In reply to Bob Furber from comment #3)
> How do I determine if I have a Spanish spellchecker installed?
If you type into a terminal
what does it say?
It looks like this is not a bug after al, but a missing dictionary. Forgive the false alarm. It seems to be a usability issue instead.
robert@abc:~$ locate hunspell