This seems like a problem specific to OSX - I can't reproduce on Linux. It occurs in 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 but not 184.108.40.206(* however, see below)
Steps to reproduce
1. In a blank Writer document, type "asdasdasd"
2. Move the cursor back to the start of the line
3. Cmd+F to open the find bar
4. Search for "asd"
5. Use the find bar buttons to move to the next match until the search wraps to the beginning of the line
- "Reached the end of the document" appears immediately
- "Reached the end of the document" appears only after the mouse moves off the button
(If Cmd+G with the find bar focused is used to advance the search instead, the wrap message never appears until the mouse is moved over the find bar. This does also occur with 220.127.116.11)
Confirming on OSX 10.10.1 with LO 18.104.22.168
I do see a notification at the bottom left hand corner of the Writer window indicating that the end of the document has been reached, but it is overlaid on top of the other UI elements.
Sorry, Matthew, actually, re-reading your description, I get the End of document reached message immediately with no lag, so I can't confirm.
Created attachment 112480 [details]
Demosntrates the issue twice using the find bar button and once with the keyboard
So I just tried this and I'll add two additional observations that might be relevant.
1. Following Matthew's steps but using the 'Find Next' button as opposed to the 'Next Element' button the 'Reached the end of the document' message appears for me as expected.
2. If I cycle through the three sub strings just pressing 'Return' the 'Reached the end of the document' never shows up. The search just wraps.
Works fine form me in 22.214.171.124.0+ version
@Matthew : do you still see this in latest master or release builds ?
From comment 5, and no response from Matthew, setting to WFM