User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Build Identifier: LibreOffice 184.108.40.206
Running in Windows 10 64 bit I insert a date using the fixed date field using the full day, month, date, year it inserts the date, but when I open the document a week later it shows that date rather then the original date. ie:
Date when inserted - Sunday, July 3, 2016.
Date when opened one week later - Sunday, July 10, 2016
This document is saved twice in .DOC and .ODT formats. It happens in both documents.
Steps to Reproduce:
4.Document Tab, Type=Date, Select=Date (Fixed) Format=Friday, December 31, 1999, Offset in Days=0
The date of the current date is inserted in this case Sunday, July, 3, 2016.
It should have remained Sunday, July 3, 2016, when I opened the document a week (7 days) later. Instead the date read Sunday, July 10, 2016.
[Information automatically included from LibreOffice]
[Information guessed from browser]
OS: Windows (All)
OS is 64bit: yes
Reset User Profile?No
It inserts a dynamic date instead of a fixed date
Unconfirmed with v220.127.116.11 under windows 7 x64.
Fixed date stays fixed. Maybe you wanna try a newer version and let us know if it's fixed or not....
I can't reproduce it, either (LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 / Windows 7), I tested with changing the system date manually. Could you upload a minimal example with a fixed date? Then we could easily see days later what happens with the date field.
Someone just commented this in a different bug: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=63535#c7
It seems the fixed date becomes just date when saved in DOC, then if saved back to ODT, it won't be fixed. I can confirm this part of the bug.
However if you keep ODT format, the date remains fixed for me. What was the process you saved to DOC and ODT?
Some additional experience with DOCX format:
"I tried again with two new documents in .docx (WW 2017-2013 and Open XML). It is was almost good, but French date month is converted to English :
"21 juillet 2016" come back to "21 July 2016" in "Date (fixed)"."
This is a weekly report kept for a year. It has been around for years. Every year I delete all but one page, delete the weekly data, leave the headings and insert the new date. It is then saved in both the .DOC and .ODT format (I got zapped by ransomware so I use .DOC for aharing and .ODT in hopes that if it happens again it won't zap that).
I will create two new documents one .Doc one .ODT wait a day or two see what happens and then cross save to see what happens. I'll report back next week.
Setting to NEW, as the issue has been reproduced.
So there are two, closely related issues:
-fixed date is not fixed anymore when exported to DOC,
-fixed date can come back in different language when exported to DOCX.
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #7)
> Setting to NEW, as the issue has been reproduced.
> So there are two, closely related issues:
> -fixed date is not fixed anymore when exported to DOC,
> -fixed date can come back in different language when exported to DOCX.
Build ID: 690f553ecb3efd19143acbf01f3af4e289e94536
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.2; UI Render: default; Layout Engine: new;
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: C
*** Bug 107533 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
About fixed date is not fixed anymore when exported to DOC
Build ID: 076ed447f694239d5c67adee528ea6e471d909ff
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.19; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2017-06-09_23:54:20
Locale: en-US (nl_NL); Calc: CL
Build ID: 37b43f919e4de5eeaca9b9755ed688758a8251fe-GL
Locale: en-US (nl_NL)
but not with
Build ID: e8938fd3328e95dcf59dd64e7facd2c7d67c704d
(In reply to Telesto from comment #10)
> but not with
> Versie: 22.214.171.124
> Build ID: e8938fd3328e95dcf59dd64e7facd2c7d67c704d
> Locale: nl_NL
With 4.4.7 and 4.3.0, the field turns into regular text when exporting to DOC, so I would not call this a regression. Am I missing something? Can someone share a DOC created with pre-5.0 that shows a working fixed date field?
I checked what's possible in Word, and it appears Word inserts fixed dates as a piece of text, and nothing else. Perhaps it's just an unsupported type in DOC formats. However, in that case possibly the old behavior was the correct one, which turned fixed dates into a piece of text - the fieldness is removed, but the date remains fixed.
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #12)
> I checked what's possible in Word, and it appears Word inserts fixed dates
> as a piece of text, and nothing else. Perhaps it's just an unsupported type
> in DOC formats. However, in that case possibly the old behavior was the
> correct one, which turned fixed dates into a piece of text - the fieldness
> is removed, but the date remains fixed.
Saving a test document to DOCX results in correct roundtrip (wrt this specific issue that is about const-ness of fields); Word also opens the generated DOCX with fields in it, having const values. Then, you can save the DOCX to DOC using Word, and get a DOC with const fields - so the DOC format supports the const date/time fields. But opening the resulting DOC (generated by Word) using LO gives non-const date/time fields - so it's at least import filter issue.
Created attachment 148057 [details]
A DOC with const date and time fields saved with Word 2003
(In reply to Mike Kaganski from comment #14)
> Created attachment 148057 [details]
> A DOC with const date and time fields saved with Word 2003
Removing regression-related keywords as file opening behaviour is the same in older versions (oldest of 44max and 43all repos). It is opened with non-const date and time, showing the current date and time instead.