Step to reproduce:
- Download http://www.ambiente.marche.it/Portals/0/Territorio/Prezzario/prezzario2010.zip
- Open the .doc file in it with Libreoffice, Writer show a progress bar importing the file but then hang for minutes before showing the content.
- Now save the file in .odt format and exit from libreoffice.
- Open the file created with the steps above with libreoffice.
- Libreoffice needs MINUTES to open the file (seven minutes on my system).
What's expected to happen:
- Libreoffice open the file in SECONDS like Apache Openoffice (AOO 4.1.2 open the same file in 10 seconds on my system).
Thanks for reporting. Your system is faster then mine: takes much more time to open.
Also in AOO 4.1.1. - latest version I have and LibreOffice 3.4.6
Ciao - Cor
Worst part of this issue with large files is that libreoffice becomes unresponsive during the process, apparently because it’s maxing out the CPU core. So if you have a file that takes some time to process, you can’t do anything with Libreoffice until it’s done. You can’t open a new file. You can’t save other files. The program just chokes.
Be real, be sober.
Build ID: ec79f3453471ee9b6ae32e71ff16ea99d9b7751c
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.19; UI render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2017-05-28_23:21:44
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: CL
I believe this bug is not "Inherited From OOo" because Apache OpenOffice doesn't have it.
(maybe my description wasn't clear)
I've done some testing. Libreoffice versions 3.3.0 trough 18.104.22.168 are definitely not affected.
Early version that's completely unresponsive is version 22.214.171.124, however previous version are quick to load the file but are unresponsive as long as the file is open in libreoffice.
I'm trying to open the .odt file created saving the .doc file linked. So the bug affect the .odt file and not the .doc file.
I've changed the description accordingly.
Some other test.
The last version that you can use to "work" on the file is LibreOffice 126.96.36.199
The last version that load the file without "hanging" is LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, but it is extremely difficult to work on the file because LO is maxing 1 CPU core as long as the file is open, and so is sluggish to respond to every command (even keystrokes).
I've tested the more recent stable version of LibreOffice (LO 184.108.40.206) and the bug is not present anymore (sorry to not test this version before).
The .doc file is slower to open comparing to previous version of LO but I see that's another bug open related to this problem... maybe I do some tests here.