Created attachment 126616 [details]
You can see the result of this at Figure - 1 and Untitled - 2 in '.rar' archive.
I can't change and save connector type in Draw.
Characteristics of my system:
1). Version: 126.96.36.199
Build ID: 066b007f5ebcc236395c7d282ba488bca6720265
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default;
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU)
2). Windows 7.
3). CPU Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4400.
How to reproduce the bug:
1. Create a new connector for two objects.
2. Then, create a new connector style - "Connector - 1" and switch connector type from "Standard connector" (blue line with right angle) to "Curved connector" for this connector in the style menu (F11).
2. Save the file with the new style "Connector - 1" in ".odg" file.
3. Reload the file.
4. LibreOffice will show that the connector type in style properties (F11) is still "Standard connector" but actually it's "Curved connector" just like before.
5. Create a new connector by using panel and apply style "Connector - 1" for this one. Connector type (!) won't change for this new connector. But, you can save and apply other style properties such as color, font, arrow styles, transparency and so on without problems.
I'm not an idiot.
It may be more easily for understanding why this is important for working if you try to imagine a necessity of changing connector type in one-click in a large document with many objects and connectors.
Bug reproduced by me (LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 on Windows 7) and mr. Hagar Delest AOO 4.1.2 on Xubuntu 16.04.
I see the behavior. But the type of a connector is no graphic-property but a direct attribute of the connector. Therefore it cannot be saved in a style.
So I'm not sure, whether this is a bug, that the style is not remembered, or a bug, that the connector type is included in the UI of the style.
This affects Impress too - Version of LO is 184.108.40.206 (Linux)
It seems that Connector is hard-coded to use the Arrow Style "Arrow" automatically when first put on the drawing/slide.
Assuming this, I've managed to make a workaround:
1. Click on menu "Format > Object and Shape > Line"
2. Click on tab "Arrow Styles"
3. Just click on button "Save arrow styles", you will be asked for a location to save "standard.soe" XML configuration file. Default location is ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config. Save the file and remember the location.
4. Open the file with default plain text editor, or XML editor. There are a lot of <draw:marker ... /> nodes in it.
5. The trick is that Connector always uses the arrow defined by node with draw:name="Arrow". You can switch this name with any other node you want as default Connector Arrow Style.
For example, I wanted the "Symmetric Arrow" to be used as default, so I switched entries:
<draw:marker draw:name="Arrow" svg:viewBox="0 0 20 30" svg:d="M10 0l-10 30h20z"/>
<draw:marker draw:name="Symmetric_20_Arrow" draw:display-name="Symmetric Arrow" svg:viewBox="0 0 1131 902" svg:d="M564 0l-564 902h1131z"/>
<draw:marker draw:name="Symmetric_20_Arrow" draw:display-name="Symmetric Arrow" svg:viewBox="0 0 20 30" svg:d="M10 0l-10 30h20z"/>
<draw:marker draw:name="Arrow" draw:display-name="Arrow" svg:viewBox="0 0 1131 902" svg:d="M564 0l-564 902h1131z"/>
I'm including the complete modified "standard.soe" file in attachment.
Now I have my Connectors draw out as desired.
This is not a replacement for full implementation of Style Management with Connectors, but it will make waiting for it to happen easier.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!