When compiling LibreOffice I get a failed Unit test. The problem occurs in sc/qa/unit/functions_test.cxx with
CPPUNIT_ASSERT_DOUBLES_EQUAL(1.0, rDoc.GetValue(1, 2, 0), 1e-14);
whilst testing sc/qa/unit/data/functions/fods/minverse.fods
The problem appears to be related to row 10 of sheet 2 in minverse.fods where in LO 184.108.40.206 and in 220.127.116.11.alpha0+ both return a value of -4.73398051506661E+016 when an error is expected.
I know nothing about the MINVERSE function.
So this seems to point out the weird build failures we had with the function test documents that weren't reproducible on other systems. Adding interests to Cc ...
During digging around I encountered an oddity with row 27 of file minverse.ods.
On Lubuntu 14.04 (up to date as off a few days ago) and Slackware-Current (14.2) which hadn't been updated for a few months I found that the actual results and expected results matched - so no problem.
For some reason I ported the file back to Slackware 14.1 - I wasn't going to compile LO there so I don't know why I did this other than idle curiosity. Anyway, for Row 27 on Slackware 14.1 the actual result was 169841859430433 whereas what was expected was 169841859430434
As I say this problem has gone away when I tested on Lubuntu 14.04 and Slackware-Current (14.2).
I'm seeing this on 32-bit Ubuntu 16.04 but not 64-bit. Could this be a 32/64 bit issue? The last working build I have is d999069ec6ace6e43b054f26a48f99cbec621628 from 7/14. I'll see if I can narrow the window down a bit.
See also recent tinderbox Linux-rpm_deb-x86_71-TDF and Linux-rpm_deb-x86_71-TDF-dbg builds.
I was pressing F9 not Shift+Ctrl+F9. With a recalculate all, I was able to reproduce it on d99906 and the. 18.104.22.168 official Ubuntu build.
Interestingly the minverse.fods test also fails with Excel 2013 which calculates A10=-4.5E+15, while 32-bit calc comes to A10=-4.7E+16.
(In reply to Luke from comment #5)
> I was pressing F9 not Shift+Ctrl+F9. With a recalculate all, I was able to
> reproduce it on d99906 and the. 22.214.171.124 official Ubuntu build.
Note that the function tests in question are not part of 5.1, this is specifically about current master 32-bit builds failing.
Anyway, we now disabled the tests for 32-bit until a more detailed solution is available as not only one or two tests are affected.
On 16/09/16 11:05, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Turns out, the relevant GCC switches are
> -mfpmath=sse -msse2
On this basis I ran
make clean && make ENVCFLAGS="-mfpmath=sse -msse2" ENVCFLAGSCXX="-mfpmath=sse -msse2" && make sc.check
The compile and tests all completed successfully on an up to date 32-bit Lubuntu 14.04 and 32-bit Slackware-Current from November 2015. I haven't pulled any new code since 1st September so haven't inadvertently picked up the work around about disabling the tests.