The vertical text inside the table in attached file was correctly rendered in LO188.8.131.52, but is no longer in Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha1+ (x64) Build-ID: 79258677f04c59d194bbfd032230c7a2fc4fea80
see attachment from 5.3Alpha1+
same output as in the screenshot from LO220.127.116.11
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Created attachment 128723 [details]
Created attachment 128724 [details]
Created attachment 128725 [details]
I can't reproduce it in
Build ID: fef32a42c8bd8fd640d6c9cdc2f839fb43ad490c
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.8; UI Render: GL; VCL: gtk3; Layout Engine: new;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group
Could you please try to reproduce it with a master build from http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ?
You can install it alongsidethe standard version.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the master build
I just tried as with the following build again, and the problem still appears! Maybe it's a Windows specific problem?
Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha1+ (x64)
CPU-Threads: 4; BS-Version: Windows 6.1; UI-Render: Standard; Layout Engine: new;
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@62-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2016-11-14_06:28:54
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: group
Does using the old layout fix the issue? Try to launch LibroOffice with SAL_NO_COMMON_LAYOUT=1 and compare the results...
The rendering with Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha1+ (x64) Build-ID: c5f5b3e5334c52502c1de28828a44ad469c68850 is correct, if SAL_NO_COMMON_LAYOUT=1 is defined as environment variable, if it's not defined, the rendering is broken.
Hi. Not sure if my issue is related.
Your file views fine in my 126.96.36.199. I notice you have selected character rotation (Format>character>Position Rotation/Scaling).
In 188.8.131.52 in my table I have the same visual as your file LO5.3Alpha1+_BrokenRenderingOfVerticalText but I have used character rotation = 0 and Table>Properties>Text Flow Text Orientation = vertical. This table viewed ok in LO 5.1 and views ok in AOO4.1.2.
Created attachment 128971 [details]
Cut down odt file showing table at the end- refer PDFs for rendering.
This file shows the overlapping vertical text problem in 184.108.40.206. It also shows text run over bug in 220.127.116.11.
Created attachment 128972 [details]
PDF of file with vertical text bug as it shows generated with LO5.1.4 (and AOO)
Refer to the table at the end for correct representation.
Created attachment 128973 [details]
PDF of file with vertical text bug as it shows generated with LO18.104.22.168
Refer to the table at the end for incorrect representation of vertical text.
Please report an own bug, the original bug reported by me appears only in 5.3 builds with the new layout code activated. The problem reported by you, appeared in older released versions of LibreOffice.
I am also affected. Fedora 25, LO 22.214.171.124
Text with rotation (from rotation/scale) in a table:
- adding a new line (ctrl+enter) has as effect getting a 0 rotation caret
- text wrap: words that should be on the second line, start on the first line.
Created attachment 129033 [details]
rendered pdf with vertical text (90 deg rotation) having a new line CTRL+ENTER after "can't"
Created attachment 129034 [details]
source odt for the "new line" pdf above
this is a different problem, please report an own issue for this problem.
The original bug report was about character that overlap each other, if the new layout code in 5.3.Alpha is enabled.
I actually found that my actual issue was already reported here:
Rendering of Vertical Text seems to be fine with:
Build ID: 4130c8def811d1dcc87eacaa8ae48ba02738a790
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.19; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2016-11-29_01:03:18
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: CL
(In reply to Telesto from comment #19)
> Rendering of Vertical Text seems to be fine with:
> Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+
> Build ID: 4130c8def811d1dcc87eacaa8ae48ba02738a790
> CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.19; UI Render: default;
> TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2016-11-29_01:03:18
> Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL); Calc: CL
This might be due to some fixes in the new layout engine.
Joerg: could you try a fresh build http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@42/current/
Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED, if the problem persists. Change to RESOLVED WORKSFORME, if the problem went away.
I just verified this with
In both versions thevertical text is drawn correct!
Thanks for testing. I will add bug 89870 to the dependencies to add this to the pile of bugs that the new engine fixed.