Under certain conditions, LibreOffice draw loses selections instead of changing colors.
This is awkward when working with complex drawings with some objects in front of other objects.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create at least two objects, one smaller and completely in front of the other.
2. Set the line color and/or fill color in the toolbar on one side.
3. Select the larger back object, and change its line color and/or fill color by clicking on the icon on the toolbar on one side.
4. Select the smaller front object, and change its line color or fill color the same way.
LibreOffice unselects the smaller front object without changing the color.
5. Re-selecting the smaller front object and changing the color usually works, but it adds two extra steps.
LibreOffice should change the color.
User Profile Reset: Yes.
The same issue affects line color.
I had similar trouble in older versions, before 18.104.22.168, but I hadn't found a reproducable bug.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Created attachment 129335 [details]
Simple test file.
When trying to reproduce your steps, I encounter bug 104312
I think that your bug report is another symtom of the same problem as bug 104312, in which case, this would be a duplicate, namely that the selected object does not properly receive focus until all the attributes associated with that element have been drawn in the sidebar.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 104312 ***
It does seem to depend on timing. If I wait 10 seconds between steps 3 and 4, things work.