Created attachment 130294 [details]
Example of sumproduct formula producing error on text cell
In LibreOffice 4, when a cell used in sumproduct contained text, it was ignored and the sum was done with the values of other cells. The same file in LibreOffice5 produces an error.
See attached file :
cell A1 contains 5
cell B1 contains 8
Cell A2 contains 4
cell B2 contains 2
cell A4 contains formula =SOMMEPROD(A1:B1*A2:B2) (using French local)
This returns value 36 as expected.
If I replace B2 by somme text, for example "-" then cell A4 returns value 20 in LibreOffice 4 (ignoring completely cells B1 and B2) and #VALEUR ! in LibreOffice 5.
Of course there is logic in both behaviours and I can even understand why some might find LO 5 's handling of the situation to be better.
But alas this change renders lots of files (in my case anyway) and make them totally useless. IMO formulas should not be version dependant. Compatibility matters !
Thanks any way for the excellent work and a great office suit.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 91453 ***
Thanks a lot ! Sorry I didn't find bug 91453 before reporting this.