Created attachment 130412 [details]
examples of incorrect (phantom) spacing
See the attached spreadsheet which shows that characters c and w have additional empty space following, e.g. making "weg" appear as "w eg" when using 8 point formatting.
Similarly, c has empty space following for both 8 and 10 point sizes.
It seems this might be fixed with the new font layout engine of 5.3.
Could you please test 5.3: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED, if the problem persists. Change to RESOLVED FIXED, if the problem went away.
188.8.131.52 64 bit fixes the letter "w" but the letter "c" is still a problem, see screenshot...
Created attachment 131443 [details]
letter "c" still a problem
Created attachment 131444 [details]
Screenshot from 5.3, Windows
I don't see the kerning problem. I have ClearType enabled in Windows.
This could be another duplicate of the bug 88991 (the root cause being the bug 103322).
still a problem in 184.108.40.206 with W7x64
still bad in V220.127.116.11
A new major release of LibreOffice is available since this bug was reported.
Could you please try to reproduce it with the latest version of LibreOffice
from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ ?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to
'UNCONFIRMED' if the bug is still present in the latest version.
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
in v 18.104.22.168 it's now working properly for all the fonts that I've checked so someone inadvertently fixed it without updating this ticket/report.
So I'd say it "Resolved" "Fixed" is the correct status.
(In reply to Aprax from comment #10)
> in v 22.214.171.124 it's now working properly for all the fonts that I've checked
> so someone inadvertently fixed it without updating this ticket/report.
> So I'd say it "Resolved" "Fixed" is the correct status.
Thanks for retesting with the latest version.
Setting to RESOLVED WORKSFORME as the commit fixing this issue hasn't been identified.