Text fields in PPT and PPTX files have zero width in Impress.
This bug is a regression to Impress 5.2.x. It affects PPT and also PPTX files.
This bug makes Impress more ore less unusable and I had therefore downgrade to Impress 5.2.x for daily work.
Steps to Reproduce:
Open a PPT or PPTX file of your choice that has a text field. I also attached a very simple one-slide example PPT file.
The text fields have zero width. Therefore all letters of the field are placed upon each other, see the attached screenshot.
Well, readable text of course.
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Created attachment 131903 [details]
simple PPT testfile
Created attachment 131904 [details]
screenshot of the problem
The screenshot was taken with LO 5.3.1RC1 (64bit) under Windows 7, 64bit.
I can't reproduce it in
Id. de compilación: 72fee18f394a980128dc111963f2eefb05998eeb
Subpr. de CPU: 1; SO: Windows 6.1; Repr. de IU: predet.; Motor de trazado: HarfBuzz;
Configuración regional: es-ES (es_ES); Calc: group
Could you please try to reset your Libreoffice profile ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile ) and re-test?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' if the issue is still present
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #4)
> Could you please try to reset your Libreoffice profile (
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile ) and re-test?
many thanks for your help. I reset the userprofile but it did not help. I therefore used the radical way: I uninstalled LibreOffice _completely_. Afterwards I run CCleaner and also searched the registry manually. I had nothing left from LibreOffice.
Then I restarted the PC and reinstalled LibreOffice 5.3.1RC1 (64bit). But even then the problem persist. Restarting LibreOffice in safe mode also doesn't change anything. I am still lost. Can't you reproduce the bug when doing the same?: uninstall LibreOffice completely and then reinstall it using the 64bit installer of 5.3.1RC1?
thanks and regards
Today LO 18.104.22.168 was released. i tried this version. I even also deleted Windows' font cache before reinstalling LibreOffice.
The problem persists: ALL (sic!) ODP and PPT documents I have ever created with LibreOffice have now the unreadable text boxes.
I note that when I click into a text box and decrease the font size, the text becomes smaller. But when i click onto the just changed text i see that the size have not changed in the settings: I changed text in size 28 to 14. But in the settings I still see 28 afterwards although that the text appears now smaller in LO.
Any help is highly appreciated!
This bug makes me crazy but I now found a workaround:
- open my test file
- save it as *.odp
- close the file and reopen the just created ODP
result: the problem persists
But now do this:
- open my test file
- save it as *.pptx
- close the file and reopen the just created PPTX
result: now everything looks fine.
It is so wierd that I will have now to open my ODP files I once created with LO 5.x and save them as PPTX to fix them.
I attached now the fixed PPT file that I created this way:
- opened my attached test file
- saved it as PPTX
- closed the file and then opened the created PPTX
- saved it as PPT
I hope that when you diff my test file and the fixed version you find the problem.
Created attachment 131943 [details]
Fixed test file as described in comment 8
Reproduced with 22.214.171.124 / Windows 7 with OpenGL rendering enabled, but not with default rendering. Also not reproduced with the old layout engine ("set SAL_NO_COMMON_LAYOUT=1" in command line before launching LO).
Muso, until the bug is fixed, a simpler workaround is to disable OpenGL by unchecking "Use OpenGL for all rendering" in Tools -> Options...; LibreOffice -> View.
The latest 5.4 master build I had was from the end of February, the bug was still in it, but might've been fixed since...
Oh, found a duplicate report.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 103831 ***
(In reply to Aron Budea from comment #10)
> disable OpenGL by unchecking "Use OpenGL for all rendering" in Tools -> Options... -> LibreOffice -> View.
thank you so much! This fixes my problem and I can continue my work.