When XLSX document contains many hidden rows, LibreOffice saves them incorrectly.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open MS Excel
2. Create new spreadsheet
3. Hide all columns except A
4. Hide all rows except 1
5. Save it as test_excel.xlsx
6. Check file size and ensure saved file opens in Excel and looks the same (would be 15 KB)
7. Open LibreOffice
8. Open created document and save it as "test_libreoffice.xlsx"
9. Check resulting file size and open it in Excel
- File size is 3MB (i.e. 500x BIGGER)
- File opens long time (10+ seconds, i.e. 10x LONGER)
- File size is about 15 KB (no data increase)
- File opens as fast as test_excel.xlsx file (~1 second)
User Profile Reset: No
There is a similar problem with openpyxl. Maybe fix should be done together.
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
Created attachment 131959 [details]
Source file produced by Excel
Created attachment 131960 [details]
File generated by LibreOffice
The problem, besides 500x increase in size, is that resulting documents takes 40 seconds to open with Python library and the same 40 seconds to save it later. It simply too long to be used in production.
Thanks for reporting the bug.
it seems like a duplicate of bug 105840 and it should be fixed in 5.3.1
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 105840 ***
I confirm the problem is fixed in 3.5.1.