To me it seems like a bug, `document.StoreToURL` will ignore the 8th filter option for CSV.
Unfortunately the interface to export CSV is not well designed in that there's no real function call for it, but only `document.StoreToURL` along with arguments in a certain, undocumented order.
So I'm not quite sure about the intended behaviour.
I found OpenOffice's Documentation of Filter Options, but I'm not sure if it applies to LibreOffice. There seems to be nothing in the wiki.
Anyway, it states:
> Token 8, csv export
> This token has no UI equivalent. If true, the number cells are stored as numbers. If false, the numbers are stored as text, with text delimiters.
> String, either false or true. Default value : true.
So using it should quote every single cell, which is not the case.
I asked abouth this on Ask LibreOffice, with no answer. There you can find an example to verify.
I'm on Fedora 25.
My Build-ID: 220.127.116.11-4.fc25
CPU-Threads: 4; BS-Version: Linux 4.8; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: gtk3;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.utf8); Calc: group
Thanks for checking.
Thank you for reporting the bug. Please attach a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.
See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FAQ#How_can_I_eliminate_confidential_data_from_a_sample_document.3F for help on how to do so.)
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
Created attachment 138470 [details]
Spreadsheet with Makro that will export 2 CSV to /tmp/
Voilà, I uploaded a test spreadsheet with a piece of Makro code.
There is text fields and number fields. The makro will export one CSV with parameter 8=false, and one with 8=true.
You'll see that there is no difference in the exported CSV files.
If you're not on a Unix system, you might need to adjust the path. Currently it's /tmp/.
Thanks for checking.
Arch Linux 64-bit
Build ID: 1390c91c7584a89298906849cdabae131f8a6191
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.14; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Built on December 14th 2017
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
I just ran the demo macro with my latest lo, and the bug persists.
CPU-Threads: 4; BS: Linux 4.19; UI-Render: Standard; VCL: gtk3;
Gebietsschema: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
Thanks very much for looking into that some when.
Created attachment 147811 [details]
a fixed test case
Found that LibO's CSV filter had not handled the 8th token ever.
I have implemented the feature described in
and submitted the patch for review:
Besides, I also found that the test macro attached by Andy
has a flaw which has not Join()'ed 8th token into Propval(1).
Attached an ods with a fixed macro, in which the option
"save cell as shown" (9th token) is given false, because my
implementation makes the true value of the 9th token take
priority over the false value of the 8th.
Takeshi Abe committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#106678 Implement CSV filter option's 8th token
It will be available in 6.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.