When I change the field length of the result is multiplied by 4 each time.
For example, when I enter a length equal to 100, it creates a field with a length of 400.
For information: Locale ru-RU
Creates a field of wrong length
I would like to create a database field desired length
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Base - Firebird
Opened a Firebird-Database with LO 22.214.171.124 on OpenSUSE 64bit rpm Linux, German GUI-language.
Created a new table with an Integer and a Varchar-field. Varchar had length while creating the table.
Saved the table, closed the table, closed LO.
Then reopened the database, reopened the table for editing, ot for putting values in rows.
Length of Varchar-field is 100 as expected.
So I couldn't confirm this bug.
Might be a special effect while fixing bug 105142
Version for Firebird I found a lot of problems.
I think it had something to do with an attempt to recalculate the lengths for the locales which are saved in UTF8, two bytes (in the previous version that I such attempts have not seen).
But if you try on the versions in Latin locale, you are unlikely to be able to confirm at least one.
Will have to wait for the opinions of Chinese users . :(
Anyway. Thank you for your work.
Possibly linked to this bug :
As Robert has mentioned, it could also be a side effect of
where these lines were added :
+ const char sCharset = "UTF8";
+ *dpb++ = isc_dpb_set_db_charset;
+ int nCharsetLength = sizeof(sCharset) - 1;
+ *dpb++ = (char) nCharsetLength;
+ strcpy(dpb, sCharset);
+ dpb+= nCharsetLength;
From comment 3, this would be a regression for users of such locales.
Tamás Bunth committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#106866 query character size instead of bytes
It will be available in 5.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Marking as resolved fixed, but needs verifying