This is with LibO Online 5.3, I haven't tried if it happens w/ master as well.
1. In a self-built LibO Online tree, I did 'make run' and loaded the sample document: https://localhost:9980/loleaflet/d881f59/loleaflet.html?file_path=file:///build/online/test/data/hello-world.odt
2. I've marked 'Hello world' with mouse, opened character highlighting dropdown in the toolbar and chose a colour (yellow, but it doesn't really matter). Text was highlighted, so far so good
3. I pressed enter to start on a new line, I didn't want further text to be highlighted anymore
=> Issue 1: I've no idea how to achieve that, there is no obvious way to select 'no highlighting' in the dropdown.
=> Issue 2: I tried selecting white colour (to match 'paper' colour), but this doesn't seem to work. In fact, selecting any other colour has no effect, the new text is still highlighted yellow as I type (and the colour dropdown icon indicates no change as well)
=> Issue 3: At some point, after couple of tries to get the text highlighting right, the cursor irritatingly starts to jump to position 0 (1st character) in the document
Maybe I'm doing something wrong and I actually don't understand what's the correct approach to highlighting the text, but I find it extremely confusing
This is a bit tricky.
- Issue 1: yes, I noticed that as well, it's an issue.
- Issue 2: it seems to work the same way as in LibreOffice, eg. first you select the color, then mark a piece of text, and it gets colored/highlighted.
Actually, at least in LO 126.96.36.199 text and highlight color selectors behave slightly differently, if you select text color from the picker, you can type with that color, but with the highlight color picker you always have to select the text afterwards (or beforehand).
Actually #2, the mouse pointer should change to a bucket like it does in LibreOffice.
- Issue 3: this comes from how the coloring works, since you're supposed to select the text at this point, the (slightly different) caret follows the mouse pointer (same as in LO).
So some fixes would be needed here to make using colors behave similarly to LO. At the same time I hope the general behavior makes more sense now.
Yeah, would be great to have an 3automatic"/"No highlighting" option in the color picker.