This bug was filed from the crash reporting server and is br-5d4eec9e-3b60-4895-9ac0-d9e57045dcc3.
Crash when trying to finish Recovery. This has been happening all day, even after restarting Windows 10. Am currently unable to open any files.
So, I have about four files open for editing, a mix of .txt and .html files.
When I go to open an additional .html file, all file windows disappear. When I restart LibreOffice, it shows that the files need recovery. Recovery completes successfully and quickly for all of them. Then, after hitting Finish, a file window starts to open for one of them, but it never fills in. LibreOffice crashes. If I try to restart LibreOffice, either nothing happens, or the same problem occurs. Restarting Windows doesn't help. One time, the recovery itself was interrupted, leading to lost data.
I will experiment with deleting the recovery data, to see if I can at least prevent the crash and open the files.
Could you please share the documents that make LibreOffice crash when all of them are opened? it would be really helpful for us as this crash is quite difficult to reproduce.
(In reply to Xisco Faulí from comment #1)
> Hello Martin,
> Could you please share the documents that make LibreOffice crash when all of
> them are opened? it would be really helpful for us as this crash is quite
> difficult to reproduce.
Let me see if I can get a reliable set of files to repro from. Although the problem has happened a lot (even occasionally over the years before today), it's never been the exact same set of files. And I didn't take a screen snapshot to help me remember which ones they were this last time. Also, an error in my description -- this last time there was one .odt file and several .html, but no .txt file. So I'll start paying more attention and try to get a true repro scenario. I'll also start saving the crash reports and linking them to this bug.
Meanwhile, clearing the recovery data worked, at least so that I skip recovery and open files.
Do you remember if at the time the crash happened you had many fonts installed in your system?
Just had another crash at the end of recovery:
A smaller set of files this time in recovery, all .html. maybe I'm closer to a repro situation.
In any case, to the question about fonts. In the html files, mostly LiberationSerif in use. But there are some Chinese characters which use the font SimSun, italic.
I don't know how to tell which fonts are in use except by paging through the file and clicking in it to see what shows in the Fonts drop-down. Maybe there is a better way?
Just now, while try to repro the situation by repeatedly opening and closing files, I got a dialog box I haven't seen before:
Libre Office 5.2 - Fatal Error
! Could not create system bitmap
Just noticed there is a 5.3.2 version of LibreOffice. Am going to install that before continuing to repro.
Not database related, changing module to LibreOffice Writer
This signature ["SalFrame::SetCallback(vcl::Window *,bool (*)(vcl::Window *,SalEvent,void const *))"] was reported many times: http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/7db2fd62-a0c6-4fda-ab27-b7556483b2ac. It's about running out of GDI references.
As noted in some bugs, problems were partially fixed for LO 5.3.1, maybe 5.2.6.
Currently there's this Bug 107550 and Bug 107023 open with the same signature, but no repro steps.
We have reproducible steps in bug 106265, but there might be other reasons for this kind of crash as well
Updated my installation to 5.3.2. Problem occurs there. too.
Will continue to try to narrow down repro steps.
I'm resolving this for now. Was unable to construct a reliable repro situation. I have seen the crash only once since upgrading to 5.3.2, but then my usage patterns have also been different, so that might not be relevant. Will reopen if I can get any more info.