Created attachment 133722 [details]
test document showing the bug
It is advertised in the help that LibreOffice supports font substitution with a list of semicolon separated fonts:
> You can enter several fonts, separated by semicolons. LibreOffice uses each named font in succession if the previous fonts are not available.
However, this is not working.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In Writer, enter some text, and apply with semicolon separated fonts. (e.g., "abadfont;Times New Roman" where the font "abadfont" never exists and "Times New Roman" is available in my system.)
2. In a new paragraph, enter the same text and apply with the font which do exist in the system (e.g., "Times New Roman")
--> The text shown in step 1 should use the "Times New Roman" font which should be the same as shown in step 2, but they are showing different.
See also the test document to observe the bug.
Build ID: 3d9a8b4b4e538a85e0782bd6c2d430bafe583448
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 4.10; UI Render: default; VCL: gtk2; Layout Engine: new;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN.UTF-8); Calc: group
Fedora 25 x64.
Confirmed and this doenst occur on Windows. Would assume this has to do with Linux's underlying font substitution thingy. @Maxim, @Khaled: Any thoughts?
Do we know if this ever worked on Linux?
(In reply to Khaled Hosny from comment #2)
Added keyword bibisectRequest.
Yes i tested 3.3 and it wasnt working there, which is why i set it to inherited from OOo. Tested 3.6, 4.2, 5.2 and AOO 4.1.2 just now and it didnt work in these versions as well.
Does it work in old releases if you disable fontconfig (by setting SAL_DISABLE_FC_SUBST env var to 1)?
(In reply to Khaled Hosny from comment #5)
> Does it work in old releases if you disable fontconfig (by setting
> SAL_DISABLE_FC_SUBST env var to 1)?
Yes this solved it against 3.3.0 and 22.214.171.124.
OK, so it is a bug in our FontConfig integration code. If someone is interested in fixing this, grep for SAL_DISABLE_FC_SUBST in 5.3 branch (it was removed in 5.4) and follow the code from there and try to figure out what the non-FontConfig code is doing that is missing from FontConfig one.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
(In reply to QA Administrators from comment #8)
CPU 线程：4; 操作系统：Linux 4.18; UI 渲染：默认; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: zh-CN (zh_CN.UTF-8); UI-Language: zh-CN
Still reproducible on current 7.3 branch and trunk.