Images in Footers are not saved (or reloaded) properly.
Really simple to reproduce:
1) Create new Writer doc
2) Insert / Header and Footer / Footer / Default style
3) Click inside new Footer
4) Click on "Footer (Default style)" drop-down menu on the top right corner of footer.
5) Click "Border and Background ..."
6) On the Background tab select "As: Image", click browse and select a picture. (it doesn't matter if you click "Link" or not)
7) Click position, select any position (eg. click on the dot in the center)
8) Click OK, save document
9) Close/reload document
Instead of the previously set image, a background color is set.
ps.: this was present in 188.8.131.52 also
ps2.: although I saw bug #89245, and it says it's been fixed, but it's really not ;)
Thanks for reporting this bug.
It seems like a duplicate of bug 100503
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 100503 ***
I see, but you know this was an ODT file, not a docx -- if that makes any difference.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 115457 ***