Created attachment 136456 [details]
The source data file.
If an XLSX spreadsheet created with Microsoft Excel 2013 contains data validation from an external XLSX file, and the external file is not present while the spreadsheet is saved as XLSX with LibreOffice Calc, the link to the source file is not retained and the following error message appears when the document is opened in Microsoft Excel 2013:
Removed Records: Named range from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
2. Add values to a few cells in a column (the attached vsource.xlsx file uses raptors as an example but it should work with other kind of dinosaurs too).
3. Select the cell range that contains the data.
4. Click on the Define Name on the Formulas ribbon.
5. Give a new name to the datarange, e.g.: Raptors.
6. Save the file as vsource.xlsx, but do not close it yet!
7. Create a new spreadsheet in Excel while still keeping the previously created file open.
8. Click on the Define Name on the Formulas ribbon, give it a name (e.g.: RaptorSource) and fill out the “Refers to:” field like this: ='vsource.xlsx'!Raptors
9. Click on the Data Validation button on the Data ribbon.
10. Select the “List” option from the “Allow” drop-down list.
11. Enter the following in the Source field: =RaptorSource
12. Save it as ValidityFromExternalFile-original.xlsx and close the file.
13. Close the vsource.xlsx file.
14. Move the source data file (vsource.xlsx) to a different location.
15. Open the second spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc and save it as a new XLSX file called ValidityFromExternalFile-LO.xlsx.
16. Open the ValidityFromExternalFile-LO.xlsx file with Microsoft Excel.
The link to the source file is not retained and the following error message appears when the spreadsheet is opened in Microsoft Excel 2013: Removed Records: Named range from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook).
The link to the original source file should be retained even if the file is no longer available, and the spreadsheet should open in Excel without an error message.
Created attachment 136457 [details]
The original file created with Microsoft Excel 2013.
Created attachment 136458 [details]
The original file resaved as XLSX with LibreOffice Calc while the source file was still available.
Created attachment 136459 [details]
The original file resaved as XLSX with LibreOffice Calc without the source file being available (this file showcases the bug).
Created attachment 136460 [details]
The original file resaved as XLSX in Microsoft Excel 2013 without the source file being available (for reference).
Confirmed with LO 6.0 daily build (2017-09-28_03:27:43, 0fa21336428b286d69684cfbb7b845f123657041) & 184.108.40.206 / Windows 7.
However, for me it doesn't work if the data source file is present, either. I didn't create my own, though, but used the two files you provided.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Created attachment 163019 [details]
Screenshot of the original file saved with LO 7 nightly
Still happens when attachment #136457 [details] is saved with Calc and the resulting file is opened in Excel:
Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: f7eff4319be741143f6d8d5e0f2995e3ce46b126
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.3 Build 9600; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (hu_HU); UI: en-US